Dr. Joseph Owen is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Jackson, MS. Dr. Owen performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med 2005
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Joseph Sam Owen M.D.'s Practice location
Jackson, MS 39216Get Direction
Gainesville, FL 32605Get Direction
BILOXI, MS 39532Get Direction
Dr. Joseph Sam Owen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Dr. Douglas A Wolfe M.D.2500 North State Street Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. John P. Payne MD971 Lakeland Dr Jackson MS 39216
- Santo M Borganelli MD FACC2500 North State Street Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Byron Judson Colley M.D.970 Lakeland Dr Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. James Michael Bensler MD501 Marshall St Jackson MS 39202
- Dr. Takeki Suzuki M.D.2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216