Dr. Shobha N. Joshi M.D.
Hepatologist | Hepatology1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA, 70121
Dr. Shobha Joshi is a hepatologist practicing in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Joshi specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Education and Training
Tulane University School of Medicine
Grant Government Medical College 1970
Seth G.S. Medical College 1971
- Liver Cancer
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore Program
Dr. Shobha N. Joshi M.D.'s Practice location
New Orleans, LA 70121Get Direction
Dr. Shobha N. Joshi M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Joshi
- Can Hepatitis A Impact Your Quality of Life?
Hepatitis is the swelling of the liver, and this condition can be mostly curable but certain cases lead to fibrosis, liver cancer or complete liver failure. Hepatitis viruses are one of the leading sources of hepatitis, but other infections and substances like alcohol and drugs can also cause...
- 5 Tips on Living with Hepatitis
Hepatitis is mainly an infection of the Liver. The condition of a person suffering from hepatitis can either be self-limiting, progressing to fibrosis (scarring), cirrhosis, or liver cancer. hepatitis viruses are the most common cause of hepatitis, but other causes spreading the same infection may...
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cancer?
Liver cancer is a condition that is characterized by the abnormal or cancerous growth of liver cells. Liver cells are also called as hepatocytes. Hence, liver cancer can also be called as hepatocellular cancer. Although other cell types can become cancerous, the most common cause of liver cancer is...
- Hepatitis: 5 Ways You Can Contract This Disease
In 1990s hepatitis was considered as a widespread health problem. About 1.4 million people all over the world get hepatitis A annually. It has been estimated that in parts of Asia and Africa, approximately one in ten people suffers from chronic Hepatitis B. Hepatitis is a condition which involves...
- Mr. Brian Bahman Borg MD, MHS1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Nigel Girgrah MD PHD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. David W Victor M.D.1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Vivek Ramesh Huilgol MD3715 PRYTANIA ST NEW ORLEANS LA 70115
- Dr. Chaithanya Mallikarjun MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. George Therapondos MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121