Dr. Ron Samuel Newfield M.D.
Endocronologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Endocrinology8110 Birmingham Way San Diego CA, 92123
Dr. Ron Newfield is a pediatric endocrinologist practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Newfield specializes in growth, puberty, diabetes or other disorders related to hormones that produce certain conditions in children and growing young adults. Pediatric endocrinologists possess copious knowledge on hormone chemicals and how they can affect other parts of the body and their functions.
Education and Training
Technion-Israel Inst Of Tech- Fac Of Med- Haifa- Israel 1989
Technion-Israel Inst of Technology Faculty of Medicine
Ruth and Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine 1989
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Prenatal diagnosis and treatment of 11beta-hydroxylase deficiency congenital adrenal hyperplasia resulting in normal female genitalia.
- Normocortisolemic Cushing's syndrome initially presenting with increased glucocorticoid receptor numbers.
- Graves' disease in childhood.
- Height distribution in children with Tourette syndrome.
- Tyrosinemia I, a model for human diseases mediated by 2-oxoacid-utilizing dioxygenases: hepatotoxin suppression by NTBC does not normalize hepatic collagen metabolism.
- Greater prevalence of iron deficiency in overweight and obese children and adolescents.
- Recombinant PTH for initial management of neonatal hypocalcemia.
- A child with pericardial effusion and cardiac tamponade due to previously
- Autosomal dominant hypoparathyroidism with severe hypomagnesemia and hypocalcemia, successfully treated with recombinant PTH and continuous subcutaneous magnesium infusion.
- ACTH receptor blockade: a novel approach to treat congenital adrenal hyperplasia, or Cushing's disease.
- Self-limiting hematuria following growth hormone provocative testing with arginine hydrochloride.
- Policy challenges in the fight against childhood obesity: low adherence in San Diego area schools to the California Education Code regulating physical education.
- Successful use of long acting octreotide in two cases with Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome and severe hypoglycemia.
- Topical sulfonylurea as a novel therapy for hypertrichosis secondary to diazoxide, and potentially for other conditions with excess hair growth.
- Mutational Analysis in Pediatric Thyroid Cancer and Correlations with Age, Ethnicity, and Clinical Presentation.
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Cystic Fibrosis (cf)
- Graves' Disease
- Cornell Univ. Medical College
Dr. Ron Samuel Newfield M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Ron Samuel Newfield M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Newfield
- Glucose Monitor May Eliminate Need for Finger Stick
A novel system that has already been approved has a revolutionary technology to monitor blood sugar levels. It works with a small sensor that is placed on the arm of the person being monitored and gives reports minute by minute.Glucose monitoring is something that people with diabetes should do...
- 5 Tips on Living with Hypothyroidism
Hyperthyroidism is a health condition in which the body’s metabolism becomes slow, leading to the feeling of fatigue. This is caused by an abnormally low amount of thyroid hormone in the blood. This deficiency is caused by an impaired functioning of the thyroid gland. People may develop this...
- What Is Metabolism?
IntroductionMetabolism is a complex biochemical process that is needed to maintain life. Availability of nutrients and nutrition are closely associated with metabolism since metabolism is a process that involves the conversion of food into energy, which is used to fuel the body's cells. The basal...
- Pre-digested Formula May Reduce the Risk of Type 1 Diabetes in Infants
A new study has shown that pre-digested formula may reduce the risk of Type 1 diabetes in infants who have a high risk for developing this condition. The study reports that babies who were fed on pre-digested formula had a 50% lower chance of developing the kind of antibodies that predict diabetes,...
- Teenagers with Type 1 Diabetes May Face Body Image Problems
Diabetes is a disease that affects an estimated one million people or more in the United states alone. It’s a disease that’s characterized by the body’s inability to make, process or use insulin sufficiently. Diabetes can affect just about anyone but there are risk factors that make some more...
- Diabetes vs. Science: Who’s Winning?
What Is Diabetes?Diabetes is a serious chronic illness that could affect 552 million people by the year 2030, according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). A person suffering from diabetes is at a much greater risk of heart attack, kidney damage, or stroke. Therefore, we are now putting...
- Dr. Susan Alexandra Phillips M.D.8110 Birmingham Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Eric Anthony Simone M.D.8110 Birmingham Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Sherry L. Franklin M.D.7910 Frost St San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Karen Oerter Klein M.D.8110 Birmingham Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Thomas Gerald Kelly M.D.550 WASHINGTON ST SAN DIEGO CA 92103
- Dr. Michael Everett Gottschalk M.D., PH.D.8110 Birmingham Way San Diego CA 92123