Dr. Thomas Edwin Nielsen M.D.
Phlebologist2200 E Washington St Bloomington IL, 61701
Dr. Thomas Nielsen is a phlebologist practicing in Bloomington, IL. Dr. Nielsen is a medical doctor specializing in veins and venous diseases. As a phlebologist, Dr. Nielsen diagnoses, treats and in certain cases prevents diseases of the veins. Dr. Nielsen may treat vein disorders like clotting disorders, varicose veins, leg ulcers, capillary anomalies, vascular birthmarks, lymphatic diseases and more. Treating abnormal veins can prevent blood blots in the future. Phlebologists perform treatments like microsclerotherapy, vascular laser therapy and sometimes minimally invasive surgeries.
Education and Training
Southern Il Univ Sch Of Med- Springfield Il 1981
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Stereoselective synthesis of (E)-beta-tributylstannyl-alpha,beta-unsaturated ketones: construction of a key intermediate for the total synthesis of zoanthamine.
- Highly stereoselective addition of stannylcuprates to alkynones.
- The Pictet-Spengler reaction in solid-phase combinatorial chemistry.
- Solid-phase intramolecular N-acyliminium Pictet-Spengler reactions as crossroads to scaffold diversity.
- Highly efficient solid-phase oxidative cleavage of olefins by OsO4-NalO4 in the intramolecular N-acyliminium Pictet-Spengler reaction.
- Solid-phase synthesis of pyrroloisoquinolines via the intramolecular N-acyliminium Pictet-Spengler reaction.
- Solid-phase synthesis of bicyclic dipeptide mimetics by intramolecular cyclization of alcohols, thiols, amines, and amides with N-acyliminium intermediates.
- Synthesis of the zoanthamine ABC ring system: some surprises from intramolecular Diels-Alder reactions.
- An experimental and theoretical study of the mechanism of stannylcupration of alpha,beta-acetylenic ketones and esters.
- Solid-phase synthesis of carboxylic and oxamic acids via OsO4/NaIO4/HMTA-mediated oxidative cleavage of acetylenic peptides.
- Scaffold diversity through intramolecular cascade reactions of solid-supported cyclic N-acyliminium intermediates.
- Towards the optimal screening collection: a synthesis strategy.
- Solid-phase synthesis of aryl-substituted thienoindolizines: sequential Pictet-Spengler, bromination and Suzuki cross-coupling reactions of thiophenes.
- Divergent pathway for the solid-phase conversion of aromatic acetylenes to carboxylic acids, alpha-ketocarboxylic acids, and methyl ketones.
- Solid-phase synthesis of complex and pharmacologically interesting heterocycles.
- N-acyliminium intermediates in solid-phase synthesis.
- Ralph F. Hirschmann award address 2009: Merger of organic chemistry with peptide diversity.
- Traceless azido linker for the solid-phase synthesis of NH-1,2,3-triazoles via Cu-catalyzed azide-alkyne cycloaddition reactions.
- Chemical synthesis on SU-8.
- A photolabile linker for the solid-phase synthesis of 4-substituted NH-1,2,3-triazoles.
- Synthesis of heterocycles through a ruthenium-catalyzed tandem ring-closing metathesis/isomerization/N-acyliminium cyclization sequence.
- Solid-phase synthesis of smac peptidomimetics incorporating triazoloprolines and biarylalanines.
- Petasis three-component coupling reactions of hydrazides for the synthesis of oxadiazolones and oxazolidinones.
- Build/couple/pair strategy combining the Petasis 3-component reaction with Ru-catalyzed ring-closing metathesis and isomerization.
- Synthesis of tetrahydro-β-carbolines via isomerization of N-allyltryptamines: a metal-catalyzed variation on the Pictet-Spengler theme.
- Fluorescence-based reporter for gauging cyclic di-GMP levels in Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Solid-phase synthesis of structurally diverse heterocycles by an amide-ketone condensation/N-acyliminium pictet-spengler sequence.
- Identification of LasR ligands through a virtual screening approach.
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of triazole-containing N-acyl homoserine lactones as quorum sensing modulators.
- Discovery of a novel selective PPARγ ligand with partial agonist binding properties by integrated in silico/in vitro work flow.
- Extracellular DNA shields against aminoglycosides in Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms.
- Tandem ring-closing metathesis/isomerization reactions for the total synthesis of violacein.
- Clearance of Pseudomonas aeruginosa foreign-body biofilm infections through reduction of the cyclic Di-GMP level in the bacteria.
- Identification of five structurally unrelated quorum-sensing inhibitors of Pseudomonas aeruginosa from a natural-derivative database.
- Ruthenium hydride/Brønsted acid-catalyzed tandem isomerization/N-acyliminium cyclization sequence for the synthesis of tetrahydro-β-carbolines.
- Bacteria-triggered release of antimicrobial agents.
- Solid-phase synthesis of peptide thioureas and thiazole-containing macrocycles through Ru-catalyzed ring-closing metathesis.
- Solid-phase synthesis and biological evaluation of N-dipeptido L-homoserine lactones as quorum sensing activators.
- Synthesis of oxacyclic scaffolds via dual ruthenium hydride/Brønsted acid-catalyzed isomerization/cyclization of allylic ethers.
- Synthesis of heterocycles through transition-metal-catalyzed isomerization reactions.
- Comparative systems biology analysis to study the mode of action of the isothiocyanate compound Iberin on Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- A photolabile linker for the solid-phase synthesis of peptide hydrazides and heterocycles.
- Synthesis of a natural product-like compound collection through oxidative cleavage and cyclization of linear peptides.
- Combining the Petasis 3-component reaction with multiple modes of cyclization: a build/couple/pair strategy for the synthesis of densely functionalized small molecules.
- Multiple diguanylate cyclase-coordinated regulation of pyoverdine synthesis in Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Synthesis of 1,4,5 trisubstituted γ-lactams via a 3-component cascade reaction.
- Synthesis of hexahydropyrrolo[2,1-a]isoquinoline compound libraries through a Pictet-Spengler cyclization/metal-catalyzed cross coupling/amidation sequence.
- Triazole-containing N-acyl homoserine lactones targeting the quorum sensing system in Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- FDA-approved small-molecule kinase inhibitors.
- C-di-GMP regulates Pseudomonas aeruginosa stress response to tellurite during both planktonic and biofilm modes of growth.
- A Four-Component Reaction for the Synthesis of Dioxadiazaborocines.
- In vitro and in vivo generation and characterization of Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm-dispersed cells via c-di-GMP manipulation.
- Small-molecule kinase inhibitors: an analysis of FDA-approved drugs.
- Allosteric small-molecule kinase inhibitors.
- In-Bead Screening of Hydroxamic Acids for the Identification of HDAC Inhibitors.
- A metal-catalyzed enyne-cyclization step for the synthesis of bi- and tricyclic scaffolds amenable to molecular library production.
- The anti-cancerous drug doxorubicin decreases the c-di-GMP content in Pseudomonas aeruginosa but promotes biofilm formation.
- Catalytic Enantioselective Synthesis of Tetrahydocarbazoles and Exocyclic Pictet-Spengler-Type Reactions.
- Disulfide Bond-Containing Ajoene Analogues As Novel Quorum Sensing Inhibitors of Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of dihydropyrano-[2,3-c]pyrazoles as a new class of PPARγ partial agonists.
- Scaffold Diversity from N-Acyliminium Ions.
- Solvent-Controlled Chemoselectivity in the Photolytic Release of Hydroxamic Acids
- Diastereoselective synthesis of novel heterocyclic scaffolds through tandem Petasis 3-component/intramolecular Diels-Alder and ROM-RCM reactions.
- A Linker for the Solid-Phase Synthesis of Hydroxamic Acids and Identification of HDAC6 Inhibitors.
- A broad range quorum sensing inhibitor working through sRNA inhibition.
- Click-Chemistry-Mediated Synthesis of Selective Melanocortin Receptor 4 Agonists.
- So Il Univ Sch Of Med, Family Medicine
- Southern Illinois School Of Medicine
Dr. Thomas Edwin Nielsen M.D.'s Practice location
Bloomington, IL 61701Get Direction
BLOOMINGTON, IL 61704Get Direction
Dr. Thomas Edwin Nielsen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nielsen
- Chronic Lyme Disease
Chronic Lyme disease is also known as persistent Lyme disease. It occurs in a patient who has been treated with antibiotics but continues to show signs and symptoms of the disease. This disease is also known as post-treatment Lyme disease. According to the Centers for Disease Control and...
- Type II Diabetes: What to Eat
Type II Diabetes: What to EatOnce diagnosed as a Type II diabetic, many wonder what they should and should not eat, in addition to how much. You might not understand how frequently you should eat either, as variations in glucose levels due to food intake is an area of primary concern for every...
- Holistic Treatment for Sinusitis
Holistic Treatment for SinusitisHolistic treatments are natural remedies that are available for treating certain medical problems. There are quite a number of natural treatment options that are known to help ease a sinus infection. Such treatments include the following: 1. Apple Cider...
- Fibromyalgia Flare-Ups and How to Prevent Them
Fibromyalgia is a condition that is characterized by signs of unrestrained musculoskeletal pain that are often accompanied by fatigue, muscle pain, mood changes and memory problems. When fibromyalgia flares up, painful sensations get amplified because of the way your brain processes pain signals. As...
- The Lesser Known Symptoms of Lupus
Lupus, which means wolf in Latin, is as strange, unpredictable, and mysterious as its name. It is not a name for one single disease, but by lupus, it could mean four diseases that are systemic lupus, cutaneous lupus, drug-induced lupus and neonatal lupus. Out of them, systemic lupus is the most...
- Rate of Mastectomies Rose After Angelina Jolie Publicized Her Decision
In 2013, Angelina Jolie announced her decision to have preventative double mastectomies. At that time, she had discovered that she was a carrier of the BRCA1 gene mutation, which increased her risk of both breast and ovarian cancer.In just 2 short years following her mastectomies, she also had her...