Dr. Matthew Churpek is a critical care surgeon practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Churpek specializes in the needs of critically ill surgical patients. Critical care surgeons are experts in treating physiologic responses to tissue injury from trauma, burns, infections, acute inflammation, operation and more. They are also trained to know how such injuries interact with other diseases that a patient may have. As a critical care surgeon, Dr. Churpek has a broad knowledge base and full understanding of the biology of the critically ill patient and the patients organ system functions.
Education and Training
Duke University School of Medicine 2005
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Intensive Care, Lung Problems
- Member American Thoracic Society
- Member Am College of Chest Physicians
- University of Chicago Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Matthew Churpek M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60637Get Direction
MADISON, WI 53792Get Direction
Dr. Matthew Churpek M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Sepsis?
Sepsis is a severe medical condition caused by an extreme immune system response to infection. Widespread inflammation occurs due to chemicals that are released into the blood. This is the body’s natural response to counter an infection. Known as septicemia, or blood poisoning, sepsis is a...
- What is Traumatic Cataract?
Perhaps the most poorly recognized key health challenge today is trauma. In the developed world, trauma causes monocular blindness. Ocular injury otiology may vary from one urban area to another and therefore needs careful investigation. Any approach for preventing trauma requires familiarity with...
- Is Sepsis a Chronic Condition?
Sepsis is a life-threatening condition, which is a result of the body’s reaction to an infection. Your body can respond to an infection by going into overdrive despite its immune system’s protection against diseases and infections.Sepsis is a dangerous condition where the body fights an...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- How Is Sepsis Diagnosed?
Since the signs and symptoms of sepsis can be due to other illnesses, diagnosing sepsis can sometimes be hard. A number of tests are done to identify the main infection that causes sepsis.Blood TestsBlood samples can be taken from two different parts of the body to detect the presence of the...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- Dean E. Schraufnagel Other1740 W Taylor St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Ergun Onal M.D.1740 W Taylor St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Edward Garrity MD180 Harvester Dr Willowbrook IL 60527
- Dr. Lynn Kessler MD3249 Oak Park Ave Berwyn IL 60402
- Dr. Cregg D. Ashcraft M.D.251 E. Huron St. Chicago IL 60611
- Christopher O Olopade Other1740 W Taylor St Chicago IL 60612