Dr. Amit Dahyabhai Patel M.D.
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine4053 Taylor Rd Suite N Chesapeake VA, 23321
Dr. Amit Patel practices Sleep Medicine in Chesapeake, VA. Dr. Patel studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Gujarat University N H L Municipal Med College 2000
Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College 2000
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center
Dr. Amit Dahyabhai Patel M.D.'s Practice location
Chesapeake, VA 23321Get Direction
Iselin, NJ 08830Get Direction
NEWPORT NEWS, VA 23606Get Direction
Dr. Amit Dahyabhai Patel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Patel
- Carrie Fisher's Death Leads to Increased Concern Over Sleep Apnea
Long-time actress and author Carrie Fisher will probably be best remembered as playing her iconic role of Princess Leia in George Lucas’s cult classic Star Wars. When news of her death reached the internet, fans of the beloved series were shocked and eager to find the cause, especially since her...
- Can Sleep Apnea Increase the Risk of Suicide?
The national survey seems to indicate that those living with sleep apnea are at a higher risk of suicide. Because those affected by sleep apnea are more probable to idealize suicide, plan it, or see it as an option, this makes an early diagnosis of sleep apnea as an opportunity to prevent suicide...
- What Are the Effects of Oversleeping?
It goes without saying that adequate sleep is key for good health. Excessive sleeping is associated with a number of diseases and may also increase the risk of death. But since this condition is not very commonly discussed, many people are not aware of the harmful effects of oversleeping. The...
- Positive Airway Pressure May Not Be As Helpful to Cardiovascular Health As Originally Thought
Sleep apnea is one of the most prevalent sleep disorders in the united states. Snoring is one of its most common symptoms, along with sleep disturbances, daytime fatigue and brain fog. However, in some patients, things are more severe. It is not just snoring, but due to the collapse of the upper...
- Are CPAP Machines Being Used by Insurers to Spy on Patients?
Approximately 17 million people use CPAP machines for obstructive sleep apnea. Is it possible that insurers are collecting their information through their treatment? Maybe. Thousands of CPAP machines users found out that their machine was actually spying on them. Yes, we're serious. The device sends...
- Do I Have Insomnia?
Definition:Insomnia is a condition in which someone finds it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep for an amount of time that enables them to feel well-rested the following day. This condition is common among the elderly and is said to affect one in three people on average. Signs and Symptoms:...
- Dr. Edward S Pak DO620 John Paul Jones Cir Portsmouth VA 23708
- Dr. Steven Thomas Kanarek M.D.125 Paterson St New Brunswick NJ 08901
- Dr. Charles Steven Coleman M.D.150 Burnetts Way Suffolk VA 23434
- Dr. Martha Saad ibrahim Boulos M.D.4000 Coliseum Dr Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. Shelagh Kathleen Gleeson M.D.850 Kempsville Rd Norfolk VA 23502
- Dr. Fernando B Maglaya MD850 Kempsville Rd Norfolk VA 23502