Dr. Aqiyla Muhammad MD
Family Practitioner613 Hill Farm Ln Springfield Pennsylvania, 19064
Aqiyla Muhammed, MD, is a leading family medicine physician currently serving patients at Spectrum Health Services, Inc, in Philadelphia, PA. Throughout her nine years of practice, she has accrued extensive expertise in womenâ??s health, family medicine, pediatrics, and HIV medicine. After earning her Bachelorâ??s Degree of Science in Biomedical Science in 1999 at the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Muhammed completed her medical degree at Penn State College of Medicine in 2005 and her family medicine residency at the University of Pennsylvania Health System. She is board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in her field, she maintains a professional membership with the American Academy of Family Physicians and the National Medical Association.
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Family Physicians, National Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her mother, who was an educator and stressed the importance of education
Hobbies / Sports
- Playing Chess and Scrabble, Following Track & Field- Ivy League Champion for long jump in 1998, Completed marathon for charity
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Academy of Family Physicians
Dr. Aqiyla Muhammad MD's Practice location
Springfield, Pennsylvania 19064Get Direction
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19139Get Direction
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
Philadelphia, PA 19132Get Direction
Dr. Aqiyla Muhammad MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Muhammad
- Vitamin D Deficiency Signs and Symptoms
What is vitamin D?Vitamin D is an important element to building strong and healthy bones as well as good overall health. It is also a vital nutrient that makes sure that the brain, lungs, heart, and muscles function well.Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin. The body can make its own vitamin D when...
- What Is a Yeast Infection of the Skin?
IntroductionThe most common type of yeast infection in the skin is candidiasis, which is caused by Candida species. There are more than 20 Candida species that exist, and the most common among them is Candida albicans. These fungi may also occasionally cause infections. Below are some of the...
- Pins and Needles: Types, Causes, and Treatment
Feeling your hands and feet going numb is a very normal condition that most of us experience at some point or the other. It is a feeling when one cannot feel any sensation in the affected parts of the body. In most cases, numbness or the feeling called ‘pins and needles’ occurs due to a...
- What Type of Disorder Is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a chronic disorder that affects the musculoskeletal system. A person diagnosed with arthritis can have very uncomfortable pain in one or more than one joint in their body. Sometimes, arthritis may cause disability. Arthritis can also be caused by bacterial or viral infections,...
- What Is Macerated Skin: Causes and Treatment
What is macerated skin?Maceration usually occurs when the skin comes in contact with moisture for a long period of time. Macerated skin appears white, wrinkly, and soggy. The skin also becomes soft, making it more susceptible to bacterial or fungal infections. In some cases, macerated skin can...
- What Is Dysentery?
What does dysentery mean?It has happened to all of us - short stabbing pains in the stomach followed by a dash to the closest toilet. Diarrhea is easy to get because there are many factors that can upset our bowel movement functioning. However, not every diarrhea should be regarded as dysentery....
- Dr. Christopher Drumm M.D.1437 Dekalb St Norristown PA 19401
- Dr. Perry Kaplan D.O.606 White Horse Pike Oaklyn NJ 08107
- Dr. Tricia Loehrig D.O.2981 Grant Ave Philadelphia PA 19114
- Dr. Lauren D. Inners D.O.500 York Rd Jenkintown PA 19046
- Adriana Davis D.O.630 Mantua Pike Woodbury NJ 08096
- Dr. Dimitris Platis M.D.701 N Clayton St Wilmington DE 19805