Dr. Joel Miller practices Endocrinology in Bloomfield, CT. Dr. Miller specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Miller examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Albany Medical College - Union University 1967
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Missing lateral rectus force and absence of medial rectus co-contraction in ocular convergence.
- Extraocular connective tissue architecture.
- Stability of gold bead tissue markers.
- Bupivacaine injection of eye muscles to treat strabismus.
- Understanding and misunderstanding extraocular muscle pulleys.
- Dual encoding of muscle tension and eye position by abducens motoneurons.
- Motor nucleus activity fails to predict extraocular muscle forces in ocular convergence.
- Extraocular muscle motor units characterized by spike-triggered averaging in alert monkey.
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Thyroid Cancer
- Graves' Disease
- Hartford Hosp, Internal Medicine; Hartford Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Hartford Hospital Program
Dr. Joel Michael Miller M.D.'s Practice location
Bloomfield, CT 06002Get Direction
BLOOMFIELD, CT 06002Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Joel Michael Miller M.D. | Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Joel Michael Miller M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Miller
Get to know Endocrinologist Dr. Joel M. Miller, who serves patients in Bloomfield, Connecticut.
Dr. Miller, a board-certified endocrinologist, sees patients at his private practice – Joel M. Miller, MD, PC – in Bloomfield, Connecticut. Specializing in endocrinology and internal medicine, he strives to deliver the highest level of care for conditions such as diabetes, thyroid and pituitary disorders, osteoporosis, hypertension, and cardiovascular health.
Named a Top Doctor by Connecticut Magazine in 2013, he serves as a Senior Staff Physician & Chief of Endocrinology at Hartford Hospital. Alongside his clinical role, he is a Clinical Assistant Professor within the Department of Medicine at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine.
In the early days of his academic career, Dr. Miller earned his medical degree from the Albany Medical College in 1967. He then went on to complete his internship, residency, and fellowship training at Hartford Hospital.
The doctor is board-certified in internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine, a physician-led, non-profit, independent evaluation organization driven by doctors who want to achieve higher standards for better care in a rapidly changing world.
Among his professional affiliations, he is a member of the Hartford County Medical Society, the Hartford Medical Society, the Connecticut State Medical Society, the Connecticut State Endocrine Society, and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.
Endocrinology is a branch of biology and medicine dealing with the endocrine system, its diseases, and its specific secretions known as hormones. Endocrinologists have the training to diagnose and treat hormone imbalances and problems by helping to restore the normal balance of hormones in the body. The common diseases and disorders of the endocrine system that endocrinologists deal with include diabetes mellitus, as well as adrenal, pituitary, and thyroid disorders, among others.
- Planning a Healthy Diabetes Diet
Let us refer to this diet as a healthy diet, and not as a diabetes diet, for a healthy diet plan is good for anybody. With diabetes, what one needs to be careful about the amount of carbohydrates in his or her diet. For some, the protein and fat content of the diet also needs to be taken care of....
- What Causes Tingling in Feet?
IntroductionA tingling sensation in the feet is a common concern among people. This sensation tends to be a similar feeling to the pins and needles effect. Some people may even feel pain and numbness in their feet along with a tingling sensation, which can be bothersome. However, it is not usually a...
- Diabetes Patients Found to Have High Levels of Copper
Everyone knows that excessive consumption of sugars, carbs, and fatty food has a lot to do with the pathogenesis of diabetes and related complications. However, it is entirely possible that while focusing on these significant nutritional inbalances, there may be something missing something....
- Over-The-Counter Painkillers Taken During Pregnancy May Affect Male Infertility
According to a recent study published in the journal, Human Reproduction, some of the common over-the-counter pain killers taken during pregnancy may result in male infertility. This study conducted on 2,300 Danish and Finnish women shows that even acetaminophen can affect the reproductive health...
- Hyperthyroidism vs. Hypothyroidism
The human body is remarkably complex and involves a synergy of numerous body organs to function properly. Among the little-known organs is the thyroid, found just below the Adam’s apple. It is tiny but it plays a major role in the body. Its function is to synthesize iodine to produce thyroxine...
- What are the Treatment Options for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome?
Polycystic ovary syndrome, or PCOS, is a hormonal disorder in women that may cause menstrual problems and issues with pregnancy. It is caused by imbalance of reproductive hormones which create problems in the ovaries. As a part of healthy menstrual cycle each month the ovaries release an egg. With...
- Deepti Rawal MBBS100 Retreat Ave Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. Paul Labinson D.O.100 Retreat Ave Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. Elizabeth A Fasy MD105 Collier Rd Nw Atlanta GA 30309
- Dr. Diana Wagner M.D.1000 N Oak Ave Marshfield WI 54449
- Dr. Yong-sung Chyun MD1001 Farmington Ave Bristol CT 06010
- Dr. Robert M Oberstein MD, FACE100 Retreat Ave Hartford CT 06106