Dr. David R Hockmuth M.D.
Cardiothoracic Surgeon411 Laurel St Suite A250 Des Moines IA, 50314
Dr. David Hockmuth is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Hockmuth specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Hockmuth typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1983
Roy J Lucille A Carver College of Medicine At University of Iowa,Iowa City, Ia, United States 1983
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1983
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS- Congenital Cardiac Surgery
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Heart Disease
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
Dr. David R Hockmuth M.D.'s Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50314Get Direction
Dr. David R Hockmuth M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hockmuth
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Dr. Marnix A Verhofste M.D.411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Garry Dean Weide D.O.1111 6th Ave Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Ganga Prabhakar M.D.411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Robert H Zeff M.D.411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Yuichi Ishida M.D.411 LAUREL ST STE A250 DES MOINES IA 50314
- Dante Caleb-samuel Dali DO1111 6th Ave Des Moines IA 50314