Dr. Hans Pohl MD
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC, 20010
Dr. Hans Pohl practices Pediatric Urology in Washington, DC. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Pohl is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Pohl performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Mechanical Engineering 1992
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- Pediatric Urology
- Birth Defects
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Inguinal Hernia
- Geo Washington Univ Sch Med, Urology; Geo Washington Univ Sch Med, General Surgery
Dr. Hans Pohl MD's Practice location
Dr. Hans Pohl MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pohl
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Dr. Myles D Gibbons MD111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Harry Guilford Rushton MD111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Michael Hsieh M.D., PH.D.111 MICHIGAN AVE NW WASHINGTON DC 20010
- Dr. A Barry Belman MD111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Daniel Paul Casella M.D.111 MICHIGAN AVE NW WASHINGTON DC 20010
- Dr. Aaron D Martin M.D., M.P.H111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010