Dr. Elmo Tucker practices Emergency Medicine in Waterbury, CT. Dr. Tucker assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Tucker examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
- Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med, Emergency Medicine; Madigan Army Med Ctr, Emergency Medicine; Naval Reg Med Ctr, General Surgery
Mr. Elmo Glenn Tucker MD's Practice location
Waterbury, CT 06708Get Direction
BELFAST, ME 04915Get Direction
Mr. Elmo Glenn Tucker MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Epistaxis?
What is epistaxis?Epistaxis or commonly called a nosebleed is defined as a type of bleeding that occurs from the nostrils, the nasal cavity, or the nasopharynx. Nosebleeds are mostly caused by the rupture of blood vessels inside the nose. Bleeding may be spontaneous or caused by injuries or trauma....
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- Dr. Michele Antoinette Irving M.D.1450 Chapel St New Haven CT 06511
- Dr. William Richard Schmidt MD183 Washington Rd Woodbury CT 06798
- Dr. Brian Bernard Malone MD540 Litchfield St Torrington CT 06790
- Dr. Edith Chu M.D.21 Elm St New Milford CT 06776
- Dr. Christie Elisabeth Sullivan M.D.900 Main Street South Southbury CT 06488
- Dr. Elizabeth York Schiller MD114 Woodland St Hartford CT 06105