Dr. Suman B Rao M.D.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology9103 Franklin Square Dr Suite 2200 Rosedale MD, 21237
Dr. Suman Rao is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Rosedale, MD. Dr. Rao specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Osmania Medical College
Andhra Medical College 1986
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- UTSW 1999
Dr. Suman B Rao M.D.'s Practice location
Rosedale, MD 21237Get Direction
- New Study Discovers How Lymphoma Affects Survivors’ Ability to Work
Young adults in many countries pride themselves on their work. They have worked hard to get to where they are and there is a huge sense of accomplishment in joining the adult world and being able to provide for themselves and their new families if applicable. When cancer comes along, their ability...
- The Blow Self-Image Can Take During Lymphoma Treatment
Many who have endured cancer treatment experience a blow to their self image, and cease to recognize the person looking back at them in the mirror.However, it does not have to be that way! Here are some of the most common changes, and how to cope with them.Skin changesYou may begin to see your skin...
- Bringing Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Patients and Their Doctors Together via Survey
While patients may entirely admire and respect their doctors, sometimes they simply do not agree with the course of action they are proposing. While this may not be a big deal for a visit about a cold or something minimal, it can be life-altering for those with chronic conditions. That is why a...
- How This Survivor Star Beat Hodgkin Lymphoma—Twice
Ethan Zohn is a survivor in many ways. In 2002, he outlasted 15 fiercely strong competitors on the popular TV show, Survivor: Africa. His strength, wit, athleticism, and perseverance won him a million-dollar prize after he defeated these opponents. However, his victory was short-lived. Little did he...
- Living as a Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivor: Creating a New Normal
No one can ever truly be prepared for what it is like to live with cancer. Even the strongest survivors face setbacks, and some of the fiercest warriors share their stories of how they find their "new normals."Kimberly's storyWhen she was only 25, just five days before her wedding, Kimberly felt a...
- Nurse Donates Breast Milk for Lymphoma Patient's Baby
Ashley Chestnut, a mother of two children from La Vista, Nebraska, was breastfeeding her 5-month-year-old son Easton when she began to experience a sharp and sudden pain in her shoulder and chest. “All of a sudden a sharp pain in my shoulder and chest, it was like hitting a freight train. It was...
- Dr. Myo Min MD9114 PHILADELPHIA RD BALTIMORE MD 21237
- Dr. Ashkan Bahrani MD9114 PHILADELPHIA RD BALTIMORE MD 21237
- Dr. Michael Auerbach M.D.5233 KING AVE BALTIMORE MD 21237
- Mr. Kenneth D. Miller P.T.9110 Philadelphia Rd Rosedale MD 21237
- Dr. Philip Jaratsak Nivatpumin MD9114 PHILADELPHIA RD BALTIMORE MD 21237
- Dr. Shweta Kurian MD9103 FRANKLIN SQUARE DR BALTIMORE MD 21237