Dr. Andrew Carter is a cardiologist practicing in Idaho Falls, ID. Dr. Carter specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Carter also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Thrombo-atherectomy: hope for pesky thrombus-containing lesions?
- Drug-eluting stents for the prevention of restenosis: in quest for the Holy Grail.
- Drug-eluting stents for the prevention of restenosis: Standing the test of time.
- Efficacy and feasibility of helixcision for debulking neointimal hyperplasia for in-stent restenosis.
- The black hole: echolucent tissue observed following intracoronary radiation.
- Comparison of developmental endothelial locus-1 angiogenic factor with vascular endothelial growth factor in a porcine model of cardiac ischemia.
- Stent-based immunosuppressive therapies for the prevention of restenosis.
- TOR of the cell cycle: Are there important implications for diabetics in the era of the drug-eluting stent?
- Initial experience with the novel 6 Fr-compatible system for debulking de novo coronary arterial lesions.
- Impact of frame selection on quantitative coronary angiographic analysis after coronary stenting.
- Unprotected left main stenting: an alternative to CABG in a DES world?
- Stent-based delivery of ABT-578 via a phosphorylcholine surface coating reduces neointimal formation in the porcine coronary model.
- Segmental vessel wall shear stress and neointimal formation after sirolimus-eluting stent implantation: physiological insights in a porcine coronary model.
- Mycophenolic acid-eluting stent and the ABC's of stent-based immunosuppressive therapies for the prevention of restenosis.
- The use of multiple coronary guidewires to occupy secondary branch vessels and facilitate PCI of a complex aneurysmal stenosis.
Andrew J Carter D.O.'s Practice location
Idaho Falls, ID 83404Get Direction
HAYS, KS 67601Get Direction
Andrew J Carter D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Fried Foods Aren't as Dangerous as We Thought
Spanish researchers have found that foods fried in healthier oils, like olive or sunflower oil, may not cause heart disease and premature death. The study was conducted on 40,000 adults who were followed up for 11 years to track the food intake and risk of heart disease. Although the study brings...
- What Is a Stent?
A stent is an expandable metal tube that is used to treat weak arteries. These stents help in opening up arteries that are narrowed down by the accumulation of plaques. Implantation of the tube helps in reducing the constriction of blood flow in the affected region. The metal mesh is implanted...
- What Is Costochondritis?
What is costochondritis?Costochondritis is the term for inflammation of cartilage junctions that hold the ribs and sternum or breastbone. The condition is related to chest pain that can affect anyone in the age group of 10-21 years old. Although the pain can often occur, it still remains a mystery...
- What Are the Heart Health Benefits of Arginine?
Arginine is an essential amino acid that has been in the spot light among hundreds of other nutrients because of its benefits to the heart. For many people diagnosed with heart disease, the heart-healthy benefits of this nutrient have come to the forefront. Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid...
- Calcium Supplements Can Increase Your Risk for Heart Attacks
According to new research, calcium supplements are usually taken by elderly people and post-menopausal women to prevent their bones from thinning. Now, it may increase the risk of a heart attack. Researchers suggest that these drugs should be taken with caution.Some of the earlier studies reported...
- Patrick D Gorman MD2985 CORTEZ AVE IDAHO FALLS ID 83404
- John E Lassetter M.D.2001 S WOODRUFF AVE STE 3 IDAHO FALLS ID 83404
- Douglas U. Blank MD2985 Cortez Ave Idaho Falls ID 83404
- George M Garcia MD2985 CORTEZ AVE IDAHO FALLS ID 83404
- John D Chambers M.D.2985 Cortez Ave Idaho Falls ID 83404
- Kipp B Webb MD2985 CORTEZ AVE IDAHO FALLS ID 83404