Dr. Andrew Carter is a cardiologist practicing in Idaho Falls, ID. Dr. Carter specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Carter also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Thrombo-atherectomy: hope for pesky thrombus-containing lesions?
- Drug-eluting stents for the prevention of restenosis: in quest for the Holy Grail.
- Drug-eluting stents for the prevention of restenosis: Standing the test of time.
- Efficacy and feasibility of helixcision for debulking neointimal hyperplasia for in-stent restenosis.
- The black hole: echolucent tissue observed following intracoronary radiation.
- Comparison of developmental endothelial locus-1 angiogenic factor with vascular endothelial growth factor in a porcine model of cardiac ischemia.
- Stent-based immunosuppressive therapies for the prevention of restenosis.
- TOR of the cell cycle: Are there important implications for diabetics in the era of the drug-eluting stent?
- Initial experience with the novel 6 Fr-compatible system for debulking de novo coronary arterial lesions.
- Impact of frame selection on quantitative coronary angiographic analysis after coronary stenting.
- Unprotected left main stenting: an alternative to CABG in a DES world?
- Stent-based delivery of ABT-578 via a phosphorylcholine surface coating reduces neointimal formation in the porcine coronary model.
- Segmental vessel wall shear stress and neointimal formation after sirolimus-eluting stent implantation: physiological insights in a porcine coronary model.
- Mycophenolic acid-eluting stent and the ABC's of stent-based immunosuppressive therapies for the prevention of restenosis.
- The use of multiple coronary guidewires to occupy secondary branch vessels and facilitate PCI of a complex aneurysmal stenosis.
Andrew J Carter D.O.'s Practice location
Idaho Falls, ID 83404Get Direction
HAYS, KS 67601Get Direction
Andrew J Carter D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can Heart Disease Be Reversed?
Coronary heart disease is a very common condition characterized by high LDL levels and blood pressure. A cardiac stress test by increasing the speed and inclination on a treadmill helps to diagnose the condition. Surgery and medication are common treatment strategies opted for when diagnosed with...
- What Are The Risks For Atrial Fibrillation Surgery?
What Are The Risks For Atrial Fibrillation Surgery?Atrial fibrillation or A – Fib is an infection that causes abnormal heartbeat rhythms. As a result of this, the heart beating is not normal. Due to this abnormal heart beat, arrhythmia’s (Fast or Slow heartbeat) may develop. The most affected...
- Lupus Patients are at Greater Risk of Heart Disease
Lupus is an unpredictable, multi-organ disease, and in some it may have milder course characterized by skin rashes or muscular aches, while in others it may start abruptly with predominant symptoms of some serious illness. It is not uncommon for lupus patients to present with the symptoms of kidney...
- Ovary Removal Does Not Raise Your Risk for Heart Disease
A review of data from a major women’s health study failed to find a significant association between ovary removal during a hysterectomy and an increased risk of heart disease. This is in contrast to the results published from another large study that reported that the risk of heart disease...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is the Maze Procedure?
Atrial Fibrillation: What is the Maze Procedure?Atrial fibrillation is known as one of the most dangerous conditions of the heart. The infection can easily lead to stroke if you are not careful. It causes abnormal vibrations in the heart chambers, especially the atria. It alters the electrical...
- Are Statins Safe?
Statins are a class of drugs that help to reduce the levels of cholesterol in blood by inhibiting the enzyme involved in the production of cholesterol in liver. It is one of the most commonly prescribed drug to lower cholesterol levels and to avoid complications like stroke and heart attacks....
- Paul A Gerlach MD2985 Cortez Ave Idaho Falls ID 83404
- Patrick D Gorman MD2985 CORTEZ AVE IDAHO FALLS ID 83404
- John E Lassetter M.D.2001 S WOODRUFF AVE STE 3 IDAHO FALLS ID 83404
- Alejandro Perez-verdia M.D.3200 CHANNING WAY STE A205 IDAHO FALLS ID 83404
- George M Garcia MD2985 CORTEZ AVE IDAHO FALLS ID 83404
- Douglas U. Blank MD2985 Cortez Ave Idaho Falls ID 83404