Dr. Sweet is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians in recognition of his published cancer research and is board-certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology and Oncology. He has been named a "Top ...
Education and Training
Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wi Biology 1971
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology- 1976
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology- 1976
- Top Doctor2003Chicago Magazine
- Physician Leadership Medallion2009Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
- Top Doctor2011Chicago Consumers' Checkbook
- Patients' Choice Physician2011vitals.com
- Top Doctor2012U.S. News
- Cancer Treatment
- Chemotherapy And Radiation Support
- Blood Disorder Treatment
- Coumadin Management
- University of Chicago Hospitals Internal Medicine 1974
- University of Chicago Hematology/Oncology 1976
Experience & Accolades
- Director1987Hinsdale Hospital Cancer Center
Dr. Donald L Sweet MD's Practice location
Hinsdale, IL 60521Get Direction
Bolingbrook, IL 60440Get Direction
HINSDALE, IL 60521Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Donald L Sweet MD | Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Donald L Sweet MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sweet
- How is Multiple Myeloma Diagnosed?
Various tests are conducted for the diagnosis of multiple myeloma since one result of a laboratory test cannot diagnose it alone. A number of factors like the history, complete body check-up, diagnostic test reports and symptoms of the patient are taken into consideration to get a proper diagnosis...
- What are the Stages of Multiple Myeloma?
This is the uncommon type of cancer that forms in plasma cells. A type of white blood cells found in the body, plasma cells, identify and battle germs and infections that attack the body.In multiple myeloma patients, the healthy plasma cells are overtaken by cancer cells. This reduces the number of...
- Seven-year-old Lymphoma Ninja Warrior Fights Through 500 Days of Chemo
In some ways, Von Kleiv is an ordinary 7-year-old boy. He goes to Welch Elementary School in Dover, Delaware. He’s in second grade. He’s getting into karate, and just broke his first wooden board at his first demonstration. People know him as a boy warrior with a strong spirit. He is optimistic,...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- Superheroes Unite For Elementary Student Fighting Lymphoma
Anyone diagnosed with cancer knows how terrifying and debilitating the news can be. Now just imagine how horrible an experience it would be for an elementary school student to hear that they have cancer.It is a sad fact that thousands of children are diagnosed with cancer every year, and it is...
- Promising Results for Hodgkin Patients Using This Therapy
Researcher Dr. Bradford S. Hoppe and his colleagues at the University of Florida College of Medicine have recently found that the addition of proton therapy to first-line chemotherapy regimens may improve outcomes for patients with Hodgkin lymphoma.Lymphoma is classically treated with both...
- Dr. Gary Grad M.D.800 Blesterfield Road Elk Grove Illinois 60007
- Dr. Sowjanya Reganti M.D.,236 West 6th Street Reno Nevada 89503
- Dr. Nirmala Bhoopalam M.D.5000 South 5th Avenue Hines Illinois 60141
- Dr. Manuel Francisco Rosado M.D.5131 N Lincoln Ave Chicago IL 60625
- Dr. Shelly Lo MD2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Erol Yorulmazoglu M.D.800 Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village IL 60007