Dr. Dennis Schellhase practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Little Rock, AR. Dr. Schellhase treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 1983
Texas A&M University, TX 1983
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Pediatric flexible airway endoscopy.
- Effects of maternal dexamethasone on expression of SP-A, SP-B, and SP-C in the fetal rat lung.
- Diagnosis of tracheal injury in mechanically ventilated premature infants by flexible bronchoscopy. A pilot study.
- Routine fiberoptic bronchoscopy in intubated neonates?
- Improving knowledge, technical skills, and confidence among pediatric health care providers in the management of chronic tracheostomy using a simulation model.
- Pediatric flexible airway endoscopy--the light in the tunnel.
- Blastomycosis in children.
- Developmental changes of fetal rat lung Na-K-ATPase after maternal treatment with dexamethasone.
- Cystic Fibrosis (cf)
- Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Pediatric Pulmonology; Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
- University of Colorado Program A
Dr. Dennis E Schellhase MD's Practice location
Little Rock, AR 72202Get Direction
Charlotte, NC 28273Get Direction
CHARLOTTE, NC 28203Get Direction
Dr. Dennis E Schellhase MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Prevention of Croup
Croup is a viral infection that causes swelling of the airway. As a result, the airway becomes narrower, making it difficult to breathe. It is also accompanied by an irritation in the larynx (voice box) and trachea (windpipe). This condition is also known as laryngotracheobronchitis because the...
- How to Know if It’s Croup or Whoop
Croup is often characterized by a barking cough sound, which resembles the sound produced by seals. This childhood condition is often caused by a virus that often starts from the nose or mouth, and goes down to the vocal cords and windpipe. The affected areas become inflamed, swollen, and sore that...
- What is Lung Cancer? Get the Facts
The Nature of Cancerous CellsEvery cell in the human body is programmed to carry out a specific role. For example, a red blood cell carries oxygen to tissues, a white blood cell wards off infection, and an intestinal cell absorbs nutrients in the digestive tract. All these cells are programmed to...
- Differentiating Croup from Asthma
Croup and asthma are two conditions that involve organs, which are responsible for breathing. Since both conditions affect the respiratory system, it is highly advisable to learn their differences to be able to approach each condition properly.What Is Croup?Croup is typically caused by a virus. It...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is one of the most common cancers in the world. It is a leading cause of cancer death in men and women worldwide. Lung cancer defies classification as a single disease affecting just one organ. The warning signs and painful symptoms represent major systemic disorders in different parts...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Dr. Supriya Jambhekar MD800 Marshall St # 653 Little Rock AR 72202
- Dr. John Carroll MD800 Marshall St # 653 Little Rock AR 72202
- Dr. Gulnur Com M.D.1 Childrens Way # 512-17 Little Rock AR 72202
- Dr. Mohy Morris MD1 Childrens Way # 512-17 Little Rock AR 72202
- Dr. Robert Warren MD800 Marshall St # 653 Little Rock AR 72202
- Dr. Amit Agarwal MD1 Childrens Way # 653 Little Rock AR 72202