Dr. Sharon Alane Chung MD
Rheumatologist | RheumatologyUcsf Ambulatory Care Ctr 400 Parnassus Ave. , San Francisco CA, 94143
Dr. Sharon Chung, a rheumatologist and director of the Vasculitis Clinic, specializes in autoimmune diseases and a wide spectrum of systemic vasculitides. Chung developed an interest in vasculitis during ...
- How, what, and why of sleep apnea. Perspectives for primary care physicians.
- Subjective and objective evaluation of sleep and performance in daytime versus nighttime sleep in extended-hours shift-workers at an underground mine.
- Blocking low-wavelength light prevents nocturnal melatonin suppression with no adverse effect on performance during simulated shift work.
- Sleep apnea, hypertension, and the effects of continuous positive airway pressure.
- Validation of a short questionnaire in English and French for use in patients with persistent upper gastrointestinal symptoms despite proton pump inhibitor therapy: the PASS (Proton pump inhibitor Acid Suppression Symptom) test.
- Fatigue and shift work.
- Polysomnographic and symptomatological analyses of major depressive disorder patients treated with mirtazapine.
- The effect of one versus two nights of in-laboratory continuous positive airway pressure titration on continuous positive airway pressure compliance.
- Moderate exercise and bright light treatment in overweight and obese individuals.
- The Berlin questionnaire for sleep apnea in a sleep clinic population: relationship to polysomnographic measurement of respiratory disturbance.
- STOP questionnaire: a tool to screen patients for obstructive sleep apnea.
- Validation of the Berlin questionnaire and American Society of Anesthesiologists checklist as screening tools for obstructive sleep apnea in surgical patients.
- A systemic review of obstructive sleep apnea and its implications for anesthesiologists.
- Clinical diagnosis of sleep apnea based on single night of polysomnography vs. two nights of polysomnography.
- Advances in the use of biologic agents for the treatment of systemic vasculitis.
- Johns Hopkins Hospital 2004
- Ucsf Med Center 2007
- UCSF Medical Center, Rheumatology 2007
Dr. Sharon Alane Chung MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
Dr. Sharon Alane Chung MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chung
- Connective Tissue Massage and Exercise Aid with Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a disease characterized by chronic muscle pain that lacks an obvious physical cause, it is also thought to be a genetic issue. Massages are a powerful and relaxing tool that help relieve muscular tension. Therapists skilled in the art of massaging apply various types of massages to...
- Last Minute Gift Ideas for People with Fibromyalgia
It's that time of the year again to buy that special someone a gift. But, with Christmas around the corner, people are still scrambling to find the perfect gift for their loved one. Here are some ideas!This is known as the shopping season in most counties of the world, and starting from Black...
- New Gene Mutations Found in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis
Genetics plays a vital part in rheumatoid arthritis. The role that genetics play in the development of rheumatoid arthritis is of great curiosity to patients, physicians, and researchers alike. Gene mutation is frequently discussed with other conditions, including cancer. It has not been discussed...
- Women and Osteoporosis
During menopause and perimenopause, women typically experience a hormonal imbalance that slows down the production of bone tissue. One of the main hormones responsible for keeping bones strong and healthy is estrogen, which is present in both men and women. With menopause, estrogen levels drop...
- Actress Linda Park on Being Diagnosed with Lupus
The international renowned actress who give life to impressive and beloved characters on both television hits Bosch and Star Trek: Enterprise has shared some information on what is like to live with lupus, how it makes you more resilient to any kind of situation in life and gave some tips on how to...
- Assessing the Effectiveness of Lupus Treatment
Lupus is an autoimmune disease affecting multiple systems of the body. It is a very unpredictable disease with periods of flares and remissions. You will never know when you might get a flare-up and worsen the symptoms.Although there is no definitive cure for lupus, the symptoms can be successfully...
- Dr. Molly Detgen Magnano MD2100 Webster St San Francisco CA 94115
- Dr. Ernesto Zatarain-rios MD1501 Trousdale Dr Burlingame CA 94010
- Dr. Michael Popkin Stevens M.D.101 S San Mateo Dr San Mateo CA 94401
- Dr. Pradipta Ghosh MD2425 Geary Blvd San Francisco CA 94115
- Dr. Matthew Michael Reimert M.D.400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Cailin Henderson Sibley M.D.20103 Lake Chabot Rd Castro Valley CA 94546