Dr. Kanchana R Viswanathan MD
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism1253 N Alpine Rd Rockford IL, 61107
Dr. Kanchana Viswanathan practices Endocrinology in Rockford, IL. Dr. Viswanathan specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Viswanathan examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Stanley Med Coll- Dr M G R Med Univ- Madras- Tn- India 1983
Stanley Medical College/University Hospital Medical
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Dietary fiber content of commonly fresh and cooked vegetables consumed in India.
- Anticarcinogenic effects of curry leaves in dimethylhydrazine-treated rats.
- Effects of dried fish on antioxidant levels in rat liver.
- Anticarcinogenic properties of garlic: a review.
- Effects of feeding fresh garlic and garlic oil on detoxifying enzymes and micronuclei formation in rats treated with azoxymethane.
- Michael Reese Hospital - University of Illinois 1993
Dr. Kanchana R Viswanathan MD's Practice location
Rockford, IL 61107Get Direction
LONG BEACH, CA 90806Get Direction
Dr. Kanchana R Viswanathan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Viswanathan
- Understanding the Different Types of Diabetic Neuropathy
When mentioning diabetes, people mostly think about high blood sugar, problems associated with poor blood flow, and possible complications if the patient fails to follow their treatment plan. However, one important symptom that constantly gets sidelined (despite being partly responsible for diabetic...
- Over-The-Counter Painkillers Taken During Pregnancy May Affect Male Infertility
According to a recent study published in the journal, Human Reproduction, some of the common over-the-counter pain killers taken during pregnancy may result in male infertility. This study conducted on 2,300 Danish and Finnish women shows that even acetaminophen can affect the reproductive health...
- Five Type 2 Diabetes Risk Factors to Watch
A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine concluded that health problems and early death rates could be lowered by controlling at least five known risk considerations for type 2 diabetes. ...
- What Is Osteopenia?
Osteopenia refers to a low bone mineral density, which increases the chance of bone fractures. But in this condition bone density is not as low as that of osteoporosis. This type of bone loss can make a person prone to bone fractures. Osteopenia and osteoporosis both refer to different degrees of...
- These Needle-Free Injection Devices Will Make Diabetes Treatment Less Painful and Easier
History of modern injection devices and their widespread use in medicine started in the middle of the 19th century and have dominated in some treatment forms for more than 150 years. However, even though many use it, this method has specific drawbacks too. It not only requires a high level...
- What to Know About the Dukan Diet
The Dukan Diet, designed by the French physician Pierre Dukan for treating people who are obese, has become very popular in other parts of the world after the publication of the book of the same name. The diet plan, which helped about 5 million French people to lose extra weight, is a phased,...
- Dr. Sameer Ansar M.D.5666 East State St Rockford IL 61108
- Dr. John Garry Hovis MD2300 N Rockton Ave Rockford IL 61103
- Dr. Richard Thomas Weirich MD1905 E. Huebbe Parkway Beloit WI 53511
- Dr. Aliya S. Naseer MD2300 N Rockton Ave Rockford IL 61103
- Sravanthi Nagavalli MD1253 N ALPINE RD ROCKFORD IL 61107
- Dr. Paul E Reith M.D.2300 N ROCKTON AVE ROCKFORD IL 61103