Gary D. Swain, MD, is a leading family practitioner currently serving patients at NCH Physician Group - Family Medicine in Naples, Florida. Throughout his thirty years of practice, he has accrued extensive expertise in general family medicine with an emphasis on diabetes, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, and geriatric medicine. After earning his medical degree in 1985 at the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, Dr. Swain completed his internship and residency at David Grant USAF Medical Center and his academic fellowship at the University of California San Francisco. He is board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine and Director at Large for Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in his field, he maintains a professional membership with the Collier County Medical Society and the American Medical Association.
Education and Training
Univ of Nv Sch of Med, Reno Nv 1985
University of Nevada Reno 1985
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- David Grant Usaf Med Ctr, Family Medicine
- David Grant Usaf Med Center
- Travis Air Force Base
- UC San Francisco (Academic Fellowship)
Professional Society Memberships
- Collier County Medical Society, Director at Large for Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, American Medical Association
- Navy Corpsman from 1974-1979 and Retired Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Air Force from 1981-2001
Dr. Gary D. Swain MD's Practice location
Naples, FL 34102Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Gary D. Swain MD | Family Practitioner
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Gary D. Swain MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Swain
- 5 Tips for Dealing With Ingrown Hair
Ingrown hair is a condition where hair has grown back into the skin instead of out through the surface. An ingrown hair, since it irritates the skin, usually appears as a small, red bump, much like a pimple. Sometimes, it can have pus inside the follicle and look like a boil and cause you some pain...
- Why Is Taurine Used in Energy Drinks?
TaurineAmino acids are used to build proteins in the body. Taurine is classified as a conditional amino acid, which is not used to build proteins in the body. It is found throughout the body, but it is mostly concentrated in the brain, heart, eyes, and muscles. Taurine is produced in the body but...
- What Is the Cause of an Underactive Thyroid Gland?
Gaining weight? Feeling colder? Feeling depressed? Hypothyroidism could be the reason behind it.What is hypothyroidism?Also known as low thyroid or underactive thyroid, hypothyroidism is characterized by underactive thyroid glands that fail to produce an adequate amount of thyroid hormones. These...
- What Is Metabolism?
IntroductionMetabolism is a complex biochemical process that is needed to maintain life. Availability of nutrients and nutrition are closely associated with metabolism since metabolism is a process that involves the conversion of food into energy, which is used to fuel the body's cells. The basal...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Testicular Cancer?
Cancer is an unhealthy condition in which the cells of a part of the body rapidly divide and thrive without an apparent cause. These abnormally growing germ cells clump together, forming a buildup of tissue called a tumor that sets it apart from normal healthy tissue. When this happens in the...
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- Dr. John Pennisi D.O.1845 Veterans Park Dr Naples FL 34109
- Dr. Rasai L Ernst M.D.2370 Rue de la Grande Place Naples Florida 34105
- Mr. Reinier F Ramirez MD1454 Madison Ave W Immokalee FL 34142
- Dr. Ricardo Bendeck M.D.9250 Corkscrew Rd Estero FL 33928
- Dr. Rebekah Bernard MD6101 Pine Ridge Rd Naples FL 34119
- Dr. Elias Ibrahim Shaheen MD6101 PINE RIDGE RD NAPLES FL 34119