Dr. Nelson Astle is a family practitioner practicing in Clearfield, UT. Dr. Astle specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Astle possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1981
University of Utah School of Medicine 1981
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Chronic Pain
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Iowa Lutheran Hosp, Family Practice
- Central Iowa Health System (Iowa Lutheran Hospital) Program
Dr. Nelson L Astle MD's Practice location
Dr. Nelson L Astle MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Astle
- Who is Likely to Become Obese?
Obesity and being overweight have no boundaries. In America people of all ages, gender and ethnic and racial groups have been affected. This problem has been in existence for over 30 years and is growing.AdultsIn 2009 to 2010, almost 70 percent of Americans were obese or overweight according to the...
- Suffering from Constant Nausea? Here's What It Could Be
IntroductionNausea is an unpleasant feeling that is usually experienced before vomiting. Constant or persistent nausea is characterized by feeling nauseous for more than 24 hours. Although nausea and vomiting often come together, vomiting may occur without feeling nauseous and nausea can occur...
- Is Mumps Preventable?
Mumps is a highly contagious infection caused by a certain virus. It can easily be spread from one person to another; therefore, prevention is very important. The MMR vaccine is the surest way to prevent mumps. Common symptoms associated with mumps include painful inflammation on the cheeks or...
- The Signs of Strep Throat
What is strep throat?Strep throat is the most common form of bacterial infection of the throat and tonsils, resulting in inflammation and irritation. Strep throat is caused by different types of streptococcus bacteria. The severity of the condition differs from one type of bacteria to another. Not...
- What Is Bursitis: Get the Facts
There are conditions that we experience or live with in our life. Moreover, we tend to assume that most of them are normal or of no much importance. Some of these conditions or feelings in our bodies may later cause bigger problems and it is necessary to understand them and their sources. It is also...
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- Dr. Douglas Spence Kasteler MD390 N Main St Bountiful UT 84010
- Dr. Stephen James Bruce MD5740 Crestwood Dr Ogden UT 84405
- Dr. Mark S Jorgensen MD1477 N 2000 W Clearfield UT 84015
- Dr. Dustin G Child M.D.380 N 400 W KAYSVILLE UT 84037
- Dr. Zachary Campbell M.D.1915 W 5950 S ROY UT 84067
- Dr. Scott Russell Bishop M.D.2038 W 1900 S SYRACUSE UT 84075