Dr. Alex W Cantafio MD
Transplant Surgeon1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356174 Seattle WA, 98195
Dr. Alex Cantafio is a transplant surgeon practicing in Seattle, WA. Dr. Cantafio specializes in organ transplants, and may perform surgeries involved with the transplant of organs such as the kidneys, liver, pancreas, intestines, heart, lungs, tracheal tissue and more. As a transplant surgeon, Dr. Cantafio performs long, complex surgeries that might take many hours to complete. Transplant surgeons remove the organ from the donor as well as transplant the organ in the recipient. Dr. Cantafio works with transplant physicians, nurses and surgical residents, and is responsible for and complications which may arise during or after surgery.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University 2004
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Fermented whey--an inexpensive feed source for a laboratory-scale selenium-bioremediation reactor system inoculated with Thauera selenatis.
- Successful rescue therapy with plasmapheresis and intravenous immunoglobulin for acute humoral renal transplant rejection.
- Use of the PD-1 Pathway Inhibitor Nivolumab in a Renal Transplant Patient With Malignancy.
- Liver Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
Dr. Alex W Cantafio MD's Practice location
Seattle, WA 98195Get Direction
Knoxville, TN 37920Get Direction
Dr. Alex W Cantafio MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cantafio
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Seth Rogen Challenges Millennials to Take Action Against Alzheimer's
Alzheimer's disease drags its victims into a nightmare of confusion, frustration, and often depression with no known long-term remedy. Still, it is a disease few young people talk or even think about. Seth Rogan, known for his roles in This is the End, Sausage Party, Neighbors and Pineapple Express,...
- Increased Risk of Breast Cancer with African American Diabetic Patients
According to the data analysis results of the study conducted by Boston University and headed by Dr. Julie R. Palmer, African-American women with type 2 diabetes were confirmed to have about a 43% higher risk of having estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer as compared to women without...
- Young Ballerina with Muscular Dystrophy Has Her Dream Come True
Dreams do come true, which has been the case for Jessica Kennedy. When she was just 18 months old, Jessica was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy. Now seven, she is bound to a wheelchair with limited mobility, but this little girl is still full of dreams.One of them is to become a ballerina and be...
- The Complicated Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and the Thyroid
Rheumatoid arthritis and the thyroid gland have a complex relationship.The relationship is so complex that people do not yet fully understand how it works. But it has been found that one autoimmune disorder can increase the risk of developing another, and thyroid function is often depleted because...
- The Link Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Obesity
Obesity has become a worldwide phenomenon. Statistics show that a third of the world’s population is either obese or overweight. Ranked with the most number of obese people, US, China, India, Russia, and Brazil top the list. But, what does this list really tell people? It’s simple—too much...
- Dr. Willam H Marks MD1101 Madison St Seattle WA 98104
- Dr. Adam E Levy M.D.1959 Ne Pacific St Seattle WA 98195
- Dr. Mark Sturdevant M.D.1959 NE PACIFIC ST SEATTLE WA 98195
- Dr. Chandrasekar Santhanakrishnan M.D.1124 COLUMBIA ST STE 600 SEATTLE WA 98104
- Dr. Catherine Elizabeth Kling M.D.1959 NE PACIFIC ST SEATTLE WA 98195
- Dr. Austin L Spitzer MD1959 Ne Pacific St Seattle WA 98195