Steven L Higgins MD
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology9850 Genesee Ave #940 La Jolla CA, 92037
Steven Higgins, MD, is the chairman of the department of cardiology and the director of cardiac electrophysiology at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla as well as co-director of the catheterization ...
Education and Training
Univ of Rochester Sch of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 1979
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease- 1985
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 1982
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Efficacy of lower-energy biphasic shocks for transthoracic defibrillation: a follow-up clinical study.
- Multicenter automatic defibrillator implantation trial-cardiac resynchronization therapy (MADIT-CRT): design and clinical protocol.
- The dark side of the new era.
- Adjudication of mortality events in a heart failure-arrhythmia trial by a multiparameter descriptive method: comparison with methods used in heart failure trials and methods used in arrhythmia trials.
- A novel patch for heart rhythm monitoring: is the Holter monitor obsolete?
- 2011 San Diego Super Doctors
- Heart Problems, General Care
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Atrial Flutter
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- University Of Colorado Health Sciences Center
Steven L Higgins MD's Practice location
La Jolla, CA 92037Get Direction
Steven L Higgins MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Higgins
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Sanjiv Narayan M.D.200 W Arbor Dr San Diego CA 92103
- Michael Scott Panutich M.D4168 Front St San Diego CA 92103
- Gregory K Feld M.D.9434 Medical Center Drive La Jolla CA 92037
- Kurt Stephen Hoffmayer MD9434 Medical Center Drive La Jolla CA 92037
- David B Meyer MD9850 Genesee Ave La Jolla CA 92037
- Kishlay Anand M.D.4168 Front St San Diego CA 92103