Dr. Aileen Shieu MD
Hand Surgeon | Surgery of the Hand104 Saint Matthews Ave San Mateo CA, 94401
Dr. Aileen Shieu is a hand surgeon practicing in San Mateo, CA. Dr. Shieu specializes in caring for hand, wrist and forearm problems without the option of surgery unless necessary. Many hand surgeons are also experts in diagnosing and caring for shoulder and elbow problems and tend to suggest non-surgical treatments such as hand therapy or physical therapy.
Education and Training
New York Med Coll- Valhalla Ny 2001
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Surgery of the Hand
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- St Luke'S-Roosevelt Hsp Ctr, General Surgery
- St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Hand Surgery - Stonybrook University Hospital
Dr. Aileen Shieu MD's Practice location
San Mateo, CA 94401Get Direction
SAN MATEO, CA 94403Get Direction
Dr. Aileen Shieu MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shieu
- What Is Fennel?
What is fennel?Fennel is an herb grown for its strongly flavored leaves and seeds. It is a renowned herb, vegetable, spice and medicinal plant. It has a flavor similar to the spices anise and licorice. Fennel is a common food item; it is not rare nor expensive, unlike vanilla pods and...
- Is Copaiba Actually Helpful for Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment?
Copaiba is a substance found in leguminous trees from South America. The oil, often used by consumers, is taken from these trees. Every day, patients are searching for new and natural treatments. Still, despite promotions, natural treatments can be controversial. It is important to make an informed...
- Study Discovers Fatality Predictors in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
A recent study published in the Journal of the American Heart Association has demonstrated that high cardiac biomarkers, coupled with low BMI and a poor respiratory profile are important risk factors that could put Duchenne muscular dystrophy patients at risk of premature death.Duchenne muscular...
- Chickenpox: What Is an Analgesic?
Analgesics, or painkillers, are a group of drugs that are used to create analgesia (used to relieve pain in the body). Analgesic drugs help treat different parts of the body, from the central nervous system to the peripheral side. These drugs are different from anesthetics, and they sometimes...
- What is HIV: Get the Facts
Over the course of our four million or so years of evolution, we humans have developed a highly-specialized immune system that is quite a warrior in combating infections. We are bombarded daily by bacterial and viral pathogens which have the potential to cause us serious illness, but, completely...
- Reasons Why You Need Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a tingling, numbness, or weakness in the hands due to pressure on the Median nerve that is located in the wrist. Whenever you are faced with this challenge, you will be in discomfort after it progresses into the later stages. This is a condition that arises from stress...
- Dr. Gordon Brody MD500 Arguello Street Redwood City CA 94063
- Dr. Michael C Glafkides M.D.1001 Sneath Ln San Bruno CA 94066
- Dr. Michael Kulick MICHAEL KULICK MD450 Sutter St San Francisco CA 94108
- Dr. Charlotte Shum MD280 W Macarthur Blvd Oakland CA 94611
- Dr. Mohana Amirtharajah M.D.1500 Owens St San Francisco CA 94158
- Dr. Shaunak Subhash Desai M.D.770 Welch Rd Palo Alto CA 94304