Dr. Yung-Hao Howard Pung practices Allergy, Asthma and Immunology care in Rockville, MD. Dr. Pung has years of clinical experience in allergy/immunology issues and has become an expert in food allergy , eczema, rhinosinusitis and asthma. Dr. Pung is also an educator as Professor of Allergy and Clinical Immunology at Georgetown University Medical Center where he provides lectures and training for young physicians. He has authored many publications, including a chapter on allergic diseases and asthma for a medical textbook.
Education and Training
The Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene & Public Health MPH 1987
National Taiwan University Medical College MD 1984
National Taiwan University, Taipei, China MD
National Taiwan University College of Medicine 1984
American Board of Allergy and Immunology
American Board of Pediatrics
- Direct expenditures for the treatment of allergic rhinoconjunctivitis in 1996, including the contributions of related airway illnesses.
- Healthcare expenditures for sinusitis in 1996: contributions of asthma, rhinitis, and other airway disorders.
- Use of interferons in atopic (IgE-mediated) diseases.
- Studies of safety, infectivity and immunogenicity of a new temperature-sensitive (ts) 51-1 strain of Salmonella typhi as a new live oral typhoid fever vaccine candidate.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director, Division of Allergy & Immunology Georgetown University Medical Center 1996 - 2011
- Top Doctors2016Washingtonian
- Best Doctors2016Washington CheckBooks
- America's Top Physicians2014Consumers' Research Council of America
- 2011Washington, DC-Baltimore-Northern Virginia Super Doctors
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Allergic Reaction
- Hives (urticaria)
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- New York Methodist Hospital 1989
- Methodist Hopsital - Brooklyn 1989
- Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center Program
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital 1990
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital 1992
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital ( Washington, DC )
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital ( Rockville, MD )
Dr. Yung-hao Howard Pung M.D.'s Practice location
Rockville, MD 20852Get Direction
Germantown, MD 20874Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Yung-hao Howard Pung M.D. | Allergist and Immunologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Yung-hao Howard Pung M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pung
- How Your Immune System Works
What is the immune system and how does it work?The immune system is regarded as the natural defense system in your body. The immune system, together with a network of cells and tissues, as well as body organs, protects your body against harmful foreign invaders or substances. Examples of foreign...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- Can Eczema Be Treated with Over-the-Counter Medications?
What is eczema?Eczema is a condition that affects the skin. Its typical symptoms include a rough inflamed skin with fluid-filled blisters that are itchy. Eczema most often affects the areas of the neck, inner elbows, behind the knees, the wrists, ankles, and the creases between the buttocks. The...
- What Are the Possible Complications of Chicken Pox?
Chicken pox is a common disease that is mostly observed in children that are below ten years of age. Despite the vaccine being introduced to prevent the disease from occurring, it usually does affect people once in their lifetme. When the virus stays in the body for a prolonged period of time,...
- How Does Chicken Pox Spread?
Chicken pox is an infectious disease which affects mostly children under the age of 15, but it can even affect adults. Given the number of infections per year, it is like a rite of passage for every growing child.Symptoms of chicken pox The symptoms of chicken pox include:...
- What Are Petechiae?
What Are Petechiae?Petechiae can be described as marks or blotches that normally appear on the skin and are tiny, round, and purplish or reddish in color. Petechiae are usually pinpoint-sized. Minor hemorrhage (bleeding that is localized below the skin) is the source of petechiae.Although they...
- Dr. Monika Korff M.D.10025 Governor Warfield Pkwy Columbia MD 21044
- Dr. Talal M. Nsouli M.D9520 Burke Rd Burke VA 22015
- Dr. Vickie K. Lee M.D.44320 Premier Plaza Ashburn Virginia 20147
- Dr. Jiun Yoon MD8644 Sudley Road Manassas VA 20110
- Dr. Henry James Fishman Other2141 K St Nw Washington DC 20037
- Dr. Donna Lynn Schuster M.D.100 Elden St Herndon VA 20170