Dr. Yung-Hao Howard Pung practices Allergy, Asthma and Immunology care in Rockville, MD. Dr. Pung has years of clinical experience in allergy/immunology issues and has become an expert in food allergy , eczema, rhinosinusitis and asthma. Dr. Pung is also an educator as Professor of Allergy and Clinical Immunology at Georgetown University Medical Center where he provides lectures and training for young physicians. He has authored many publications, including a chapter on allergic diseases and asthma for a medical textbook.
Education and Training
The Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene & Public Health MPH 1987
National Taiwan University Medical College MD 1984
National Taiwan University, Taipei, China MD
National Taiwan University College of Medicine 1984
American Board of Allergy and Immunology
American Board of Pediatrics
- Direct expenditures for the treatment of allergic rhinoconjunctivitis in 1996, including the contributions of related airway illnesses.
- Healthcare expenditures for sinusitis in 1996: contributions of asthma, rhinitis, and other airway disorders.
- Use of interferons in atopic (IgE-mediated) diseases.
- Studies of safety, infectivity and immunogenicity of a new temperature-sensitive (ts) 51-1 strain of Salmonella typhi as a new live oral typhoid fever vaccine candidate.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director, Division of Allergy & Immunology Georgetown University Medical Center 1996 - 2011
- Top Doctors 2016 Washingtonian
- Best Doctors 2016 Washington CheckBooks
- America's Top Physicians 2014 Consumers' Research Council of America
- 2011 Washington, DC-Baltimore-Northern Virginia Super Doctors
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Allergic Reaction
- Hives (urticaria)
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- New York Methodist Hospital 1989
- Methodist Hopsital - Brooklyn 1989
- Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center Program
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital 1990
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital 1992
Dr. Yung-hao Howard Pung M.D.'s Practice location
Rockville, MD 20852Get Direction
Germantown, MD 20874Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Yung-hao Howard Pung M.D. | Allergist and Immunologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Yung-hao Howard Pung M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pung
- What to Expect After Immunotherapy
Immunotherapy involves using the body’s natural defenses in fighting against diseases. It usually involves the use of drugs that are made in a laboratory. The introduction of these foreign substances in the body to trigger a certain reaction will produce certain symptoms, which are termed as side...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Misconceptions: Debunked
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints leading to stiffness, pain, and inflammation. Gradually, RA can lead to physical deformities. Rheumatoid arthritis is known to affect around 2 million Americans....
- Causes and Treatment of a Persistent Cough
What is a persistent cough?It can be annoying to have a cough that lasts for more than a couple of weeks. A cough is considered chronic or persistent if it does not go away after four weeks in children and eight weeks in adults. However, most persistent coughs are due to colds, flu, infection, or...
- How is Chicken Pox Diagnosed?
Chicken pox is a very serious viral disease that results from the varicella zoster virus. The most common sign and indicator of chicken pox is the blistering rash all over one's body. The symptoms are more evident during the cold season, and young children are to be vaccinated against the disease....
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- Is Eczema Contagious?
One of the most common myths and misconceptions about eczema is that it is contagious. Probably, this myth has circulated due to the closeness of people who have the condition. For example, if your sibling or friend has eczema and uses a certain type of perfume or skin moisturizer, you may at one...