Peter J Higgins M.D.
Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology101 Harris Industrial Blvd Suite 1 Vidalia GA, 30474
Dr. Peter Higgins is a cardiologist practicing in Vidalia, GA. Dr. Higgins specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Higgins also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1991
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Beth Israel Deaconess Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Maine Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Fletcher Allen Hlth Care, Internal Medicine
Peter J Higgins M.D.'s Practice location
Vidalia, GA 30474Get Direction
Scarborough, ME 04074Get Direction
LEWISTON, ME 04240Get Direction
Peter J Higgins M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Higgins
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is a group of disorders that cause skeletal muscle degeneration, decreased flexibility, and progressive weakness. In muscular dystrophy, the abnormal mutation of genes interferes with the production of proteins, which are needed for healthy muscle...
- What Are Antihypertensive Drugs?
IntroductionMedications that help treat hypertension are called antihypertensive drugs, which are divided into different categories. These medications work differently with different side effects. Because there are many antihypertensive drugs available, finding the best medication and treatment plan...
- How is Deep Vein Thrombosis Treated?
The formation of blood clots in one of the deep veins in the leg may not be entirely serious alone. However, if the clot breaks off and moves towards the heart and other organs, it may lead to complications. Blood clots in the leg may cause leg pain but may also not cause any symptoms at all....
- Low-Density Lipoprotein
IntroductionTo maintain good health, balanced cholesterol levels are quite important. The liver is an organ that detoxifies drugs and other foreign substances. It also stores glycogen, which the body utilizes for energy. Other important functions of the liver include metabolizing carbohydrates,...
- Can Heart Disease Be Reversed?
Coronary heart disease is a very common condition characterized by high LDL levels and blood pressure. A cardiac stress test by increasing the speed and inclination on a treadmill helps to diagnose the condition. Surgery and medication are common treatment strategies opted for when diagnosed with...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- J. Chris Higgins MD101 Harris Industrial Boulevard Vidalia GA 30474
- Albert A Burton M.D.101 HARRIS INDUSTRIAL BLVD STE A VIDALIA GA 30474
- Martha Smith MD101 HARRIS INDUSTRIAL BLVD STE A VIDALIA GA 30474
- Paul Joseph Giles M.D.1006 Mount Vernon Rd Vidalia GA 30474
- Kenneth S Marvin MD101 HARRIS INDUSTRIAL BLVD VIDALIA GA 30474
- Stephen Lee Diblasi DO1811 Edwina Dr Vidalia GA 30474