Dr. Donald Berghman practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Fort Belvoir, VA. Dr. Berghman evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Berghman seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
MEXICAN MEDICAL SCHOOL 1973
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Psychiatry; Metro Child & Adol Srvs, Psychiatry; Columbus-Cuneo-Cabrini Mc, Internal Medicine; Maryland Gen Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Ill State Psych Inst
Dr. Donald H. Berghman M.D.'s Practice location
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060Get Direction
Dr. Donald H. Berghman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Dr. Asha Patton-Smith MD8550 LEE HIGHWAY FAIRFAX VA 22031
- Sonia C. Thomas11204 Waples Mill Rd Fairfax Virginia 22030
- Dr. Elizabeth Finch M.D.10470 Armstrong St Fairfax VA 22030
- Dr. Michael A. Del Vecchio M.D.8296 OLD COURTHOUSE RD VIENNA VA 22182
- Dr. Aneela Kazi M.D.111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Marilyn Bartolo Benoit M.D.1015 33rd St Nw Washington DC 20007