Dr. Donald H. Berghman M.D.
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry9501 Farrell Rd Suite G-C11 Fort Belvoir VA, 22060
Dr. Donald Berghman practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Fort Belvoir, VA. Dr. Berghman evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Berghman seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
MEXICAN MEDICAL SCHOOL 1973
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
Dr. Donald H. Berghman M.D.'s Practice location
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060Get Direction
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Dr. Darren L Mancuso DO9300 DEWITT LOOP FORT BELVOIR VA 22060
- Dr. Timothy Cooper King M.D.9300 DEWITT LOOP FORT BELVOIR VA 22060
- Dr. Adnan Masood Ahmad M.D.9300 DEWITT LOOP FORT BELVOIR VA 22060
- Dr. Keith Henry Penska M.D.FORT BELVOIR COMMUNITY HOSPITAL FORT BELVOIR VA 22060
- Dr. Robyn Treadwell M.D.9300 DEWITT LOOP FT BELVOIR VA 22060
- Dr. Mayin Wong DO9300 DEWITT LOOP FORT BELVOIR VA 22060