Dr. Christopher P Hogrefe M.D.
Emergency Physician | Sports Medicine200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Christopher Hogrefe practices Emergency Medicine in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Hogrefe assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Hogrefe examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
University of Ia Roy J & L Carver Com 2008
- Exercise enhances myocardial ischemic tolerance via an opioid receptor-dependent mechanism.
- An evidence-based medicine curriculum implemented in journal club improves resident performance on the Fresno test.
- Longitudinal improvement in Balance Error Scoring System scores among NCAA Division-I football athletes.
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics 2011
- University of Iowa Affiliated Hospitals 2010
- University of Iowa Hospitals, Primary Care Sports Medicine 2012
Dr. Christopher P Hogrefe M.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
CHICAGO, IL 60611Get Direction
Dr. Christopher P Hogrefe M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hogrefe
- What Is a GI Cocktail?
Introduction A GI cocktail or gastrointestinal cocktail is a mixture of liquid antacid, viscous lidocaine, and an anticholinergic agent. A GI cocktail is primarily used to treat dyspepsia.There are a wide variety of GI cocktail recipes nowadays. One popular recipe is a mixture of viscous lidocaine,...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- What Is Reye's Syndrome: Causes and Treatments
What is Reye’s syndrome?Reye's syndrome is a rare but serious condition that can cause swelling of the liver and brain. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is mostly reported to affect children and teenagers, especially those who are trying to recover from viral infections, such as...
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- Dr. Andrew P Weiss M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Jerry L. Browne M.D.500 E MARKET ST IOWA CITY IA 52245
- Dr. Nicholas M. Mohr MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Olivia Erin Bailey MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Matthew T Spragg DO200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Michael Takacs MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242