Dayna McCarthy, DO
Pain Management Specialist | Interventional Pain Medicine100 Summit Dr Manhasset NY, 11030
Dr. Dayna McCarthy practices Pain Medicine in Manhasset, NY. Pain medicine is concerned with the prevention of pain, and the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients experiencing pain. Pain medicine physicians use a broad-based approach to treat all pain disorders, ranging from pain as a symptom of disease to pain as the primary disease. Dr. McCarthy serves as a consultant to other physicians but is often the principal treating physician, providing care at various levels; such as treating the patient directly, prescribing medication, prescribing rehabilitative services, performing pain relieving procedures, counseling patients and families, directing a multidisciplinary team, coordinating care with other healthcare providers, and providing consultative services.
Education and Training
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree 0
American Osteopathic Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AOBPMR)
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai -
- Program Director of the Sports & Spine Medicine Fellowship Department of Rehabilitation & Human Performance -
- Patients’ Choice Award (2017, 2018) Year
- On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018) Year
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018) Year
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- North American Spine Society
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgeons
- Association of Medical Aesthetics
- International Spine Intervention Society
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- International Association of Cosmetic Surgeons
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Osteopathic College of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Osteopathic Association
- Mount Sinai Hospital Sports Medicine
- Mount Sinai Health System
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Society of Sports Medicine, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgeons, Association of Medical Aesthetics, International Association of Cosmetic Surgeons, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, American Osteopathic College of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, American Osteopathic Association
Dayna McCarthy, DO's Practice location
Manhasset, NY 11030Get Direction
Mount Kisco, NY 10549Get Direction
NEW YORK, NY 10029Get Direction
Dayna McCarthy, DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. McCarthy
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
What is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy?Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) is also medically termed as reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome (RSD). This is a condition which often leads to chronic pain in which high levels of nerve impulses are sent to the affected area. There are studies that...
- With Fibromyalgia, Pain Can Be Motivation
The pursuit of pleasure and happiness and avoidance of pain and strife has been a factor which has driven us as a species to evolve so that we may adapt to our environments and reap its many benefits. Even back in prehistoric times where daily life was filled to the brim with agents which could...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- U15 Pill
IntroductionThe U15 pill is a white-colored capsule-shaped pill with an imprint of "U15". It is known to contain the active ingredients acetaminophen in the strength of 325 mg and oxycodone hydrochloride in the strength of 5 mg.This medicine is manufactured by the company Aurolife Pharma LLC. It is...
- Conditions Treated by Pain Management Doctors
IntroductionChronic pain can disrupt people's lives, their ability to work, sleep, and other activities spent with friends and family. When chronic pain interferes with the quality of life and standard treatments such as pain relievers do not work, pain management doctors can help.There are a number...
- What is IP 204 Pill : Side Effects and Usage
IntroductionThe IP 204 pill is white in color and oval or elliptical in shape with an imprint of "IP 204". It has been identified as acetaminophen and oxycodone hydrochloride in the strength of 325 mg of acetaminophen and 10 mg of oxycodone. This pill is supplied by Amneal Pharmaceuticals.The size...
- Dr. Kimberly Sackheim DO8 East 83rd St New York New York 10028
- Dr. Ayman Roushdy Farag MD327 BEACH 19TH ST FAR ROCKAWAY NY 11691
- Hossam Eldin Mohamed54 S Dean Street Englewood NJ 07631
- Raj Murthy65 E 96th St New York NY 10128
- Dr. Boleslav Kosharskyy M.D.1976 Crotona Parkway Bronx NY 10461
- Leon Reyfman380 2nd Ave New York New York 10010