Dr. Darr W Leutz MD
Sports Medicine Specialist | Sports Medicine1600 West Walnut Jacksonville IL, 62650
Dr. Darr Leutz is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Jacksonville, IL. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Leutz is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
Loyola Univ of Chicago Stritch Sch of Med, Maywood Il 1988
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Myocardial insulin resistance during acute endotoxin shock in dogs.
- Myocardial depression during acute pancreatitis: fact or fiction?
- Color duplex Doppler ultrasound scanning for detection of deep venous thrombosis in total knee and hip arthroplasty patients. Incidence, location, and diagnostic accuracy compared with ascending venography.
- Continuous cold therapy in total knee arthroplasty.
Dr. Darr W Leutz MD's Practice location
Jacksonville, IL 62650Get Direction
QUINCY, IL 62305Get Direction
- What Team of Specialists Should I Contact if I Have Meningitis?
As complex as it is, meningitis can sometimes be a threat to life. Treating meningitis can be tricky, hence, it needs a team of medical practitioners to make a diagnosis and offer treatment for the condition. You can call your doctor immediately under the following circumstances:...
- Animal Farms May Spread Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria
A report, in BMC Microbiology, shows that antibiotic-resistant bacteria that are capable of producing life-threatening diseases could be originating from animal farms. Antibiotics are commonly used farms to promote the growth of animals. “The insects in the animal farms, including flies and...
- What Are the Benefits of Kettlebell Workouts?
Kettlebell exercises are one of the most popular fitness trends since it is accessible and more practical than other programs. It is equally beneficial to an athlete and to the common man who is trying to burn more calories or become more fit. With the help of a good instructor or trainer one can...
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- How is Frostbite Treated?
How is Frostbite Treated?Frostbite is a cold-related condition in which tissue freezes when the body is exposed to temperatures below the freezing point of the skin. Hands, feet, the nose, and ears are most commonly affected by this condition. Frostbite can affect almost anybody, but some have a...
- 5 Tips to Prevent Shin Splints
What are shin splints?Shin splints are characterized by pain along the inner portion of the shin bone (the long bone below the knee). Shin splints are also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). They commonly occur in people who participate in strenuous physical activities and sports such as...