Dr. William B. Farrar MD
Surgical Oncologist | Surgical Oncology1145 Olentangy River Rd Third Floor Columbus OH, 43212
Dr. William Farrar is a surgical oncologist practicing in Columbus, OH. Dr. Farrar specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
Education and Training
Univ of Va Sch of Med, Charlottesville Va 1975
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Mem Sloan-Kettering Cancer Ctr, General Surgery; Oh State Univ Hosp, General Surgery
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Ohio State University Medical Center 1976
Dr. William B. Farrar MD's Practice location
Columbus, OH 43212Get Direction
Dr. William B. Farrar MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Farrar
- Breast Cancer Survivor Organizes Non-Profit With a Meaningful Purpose
One month before her 31st birthday, Janet Palmer, a law enforcement officer, found a lump in her right breast. After nine months of consultations with two different doctors and one negative mammogram, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. At this time, Palmer decided to undergo a mastectomy,...
- How Can Skin Grafting Treat Melanoma?
What is melanoma?Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that affects the melanocytes or the skin cells that contain the pigment melanin. It is caused when long or repeated exposure to UV radiation damages the DNA of these skin cells and causes them to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor....
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- What Is Gastric Cancer: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Gastric cancer, also known as stomach cancer, begins when cancer cells form in the inner lining of the stomach. This disease does not show clear signs and symptoms until it enters the later stages. The cancer may spread from the stomach to essential parts like the liver, lungs, bones, and lymph...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- Dr. Kristin M. Ryan D.O.285 East State Street Columbus Ohio 43215
- Dr. Doreen M Agnese MD1145 Olentangy River Rd Columbus OH 43212
- Dr. John Edward Phay MD2050 Kenny Rd Columbus OH 43221
- Dr. Stephen P. Povoski M.D.1145 Olentangy River Rd Columbus OH 43212
- Dr. Raphael E. Pollock M.D., PHD1515 Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Carl Richard Schmidt M.D.2050 Kenny Rd Columbus OH 43221