Dr. Jennette Boakes is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Sacramento, CA. Dr. Boakes specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Boakes tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Diego, Sch of Med, La Jolla Ca 1986
University of California 1986
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Birth Defects
- Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, Orthopedic Surgery; David Grant Usaf Med Ctr, General Surgery
- University Utah Med Center 1987
- David Grant Medical Center Program
Dr. Jennette Boakes M.D.'s Practice location
Sacramento, CA 95817Get Direction
Dr. Jennette Boakes M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Boakes
- What Is a Charley Horse?
What is a charley horse?A charley horse is a term used when referring to a muscle cramp or spasm. Although muscle cramps can occur in any muscle in the body, they are commonly experienced in the leg. In a muscle spasm, the muscle uncontrollably contracts and does not relax. When the contracting...
- What Causes Tingling in Feet?
IntroductionA tingling sensation in the feet is a common concern among people. This sensation tends to be a similar feeling to the pins and needles effect. Some people may even feel pain and numbness in their feet along with a tingling sensation, which can be bothersome. However, it is not usually a...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?
How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?This surgery is normally recommended for elderly people who suffer from severe pain due to osteoarthritis. It is suggested for people if the pain and stiffness in their joints affects their mobility and daily activities. One has to understand both the...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Spine Doctors vs. Chiropractors
Patients may often ask themselves which doctor they should see for their back pain. Studies have shown that chiropractors provide effective treatment for back pain. However, chiropractors cannot treat all causes of back pain because there are also conditions that should be diagnosed and treated by a...
- Dr. Philip J. Orisek M.D.2575 East Bidwell Street Folsom California 95630
- Dr. Safdar N. Khan MD2237 Oxford Road Columbus Ohio 43221
- Dr. Robert M. Tamurian MD3124 South 19th Street Tacoma Washington 98405
- Dr. Harold Strauch M.D.2801 K Street Sacramento California 95816
- Dr. Peter Bales MD1613 Eureka Rd Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. William Junglas MD3000 Q Street Sacramento CA 95816