Dr. Jennette Boakes is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Sacramento, CA. Dr. Boakes specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Boakes tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Diego, Sch of Med, La Jolla Ca 1986
University of California 1986
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Birth Defects
- Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, Orthopedic Surgery; David Grant Usaf Med Ctr, General Surgery
- University Utah Med Center 1987
- David Grant Medical Center Program
Dr. Jennette Boakes M.D.'s Practice location
Sacramento, CA 95817Get Direction
Dr. Jennette Boakes M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Boakes
- Efforts for Muscular Dystrophy Research
There is vast research going into the effort to find new ways to combat Muscular Dystrophy. Before any new treatment can see the light of the day, it undergoes a series of testing called clinical trials. When a patient is part of a clinical trial, they benefit from cutting-edge treatment that...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Is Your Child at Risk of Osgood-Schlatter Disease?
Our body is a machine and any wear and tear occurring in any of the parts of the body can impair overall body functioning. One of the common types of pain felt by a number of people is pain associated with the knees. There are various forms and causes that could be related to knee pains, one of them...
- Alternative Treatments For Bursitis
Alternative Treatment for BursitisBursitis is a condition that causes inflammation and pain in bursa tissue, which is tissue found around the bones, joints, muscles, and tendons. Since bursitis is a condition that affects a person any time of the day, it is important to know some of its alternative...
- What Is Spinal Stenosis Back Surgery?
What is spinal stenosis?Spinal stenosis is a disorder of the spine in which the spinal chord narrows. Congenital spinal stenosis is a condition in which the spine is already narrowed at birth. Factors that can result in spinal stenosis are herniated discs, osteophytes, which are ingrown bones or...
- How to Prepare for a Knee Replacement Surgery
A major factor that you should consider before having a knee replacement surgery is proper preparation. A good preparation will actually give you successful outcomes with fewer complications. As a patient, you should consider learning what to expect during the procedure and recovery both at home and...
- Dr. Philip J. Orisek M.D.2575 E BIDWELL ST FOLSOM CA 95630
- Dr. Safdar N. Khan MD4860 Y St Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Robert M. Tamurian MD6403 Coyle Ave Carmichael CA 95608
- Dr. Harold Strauch M.D.2801 K Street Sacramento California 95816
- Dr. Donald Matthews MD1600 Eureka Rd Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. Matthew Mermer MD2025 Morse Ave. Sacramento CA 95825