Dr. Duane Yamashiro practices Orthodontics in Salt Lake City, UT. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment includes metal wires that are inserted into orthodontic brackets, which can be made from stainless steel or a more aesthetic ceramic material. The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into desired positions. Being advanced in the field, Dr. Yamashiro may also use Invisalign or other aligner trays that have been designed to align a patients? smile. As an orthodontist, Dr. Yamashiro must recognize various characteristics of a malocclusion or dentofacial deformity, define the nature of the problem, including the etiology if possible, and design a treatment strategy based on the specific needs and desires of the patient.
- The effect of confirmation calls on appointment-keeping behavior of patients in a children's hospital dental clinic.
- Presurgical orthopedic premaxillary alignment in cleft lip and palate reconstruction.
- Use of a soft denture liner as a protective dressing for alveolar bone grafting.
- Articulation and nasality changes resulting from sustained palatal fistula obturation.
Dr. Duane K Yamashiro DDS,MS's Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84113Get Direction
Dr. Duane K Yamashiro DDS,MS's reviewsWrite Review
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- Want Pearly Whites? Try These Foods
Brushing and flossing the teeth regularly helps to maintain a healthy oral cavity. Food also plays a role in keeping the teeth white and bright. Acids present in the food may erode the tooth enamel causing it to erode leading to tooth decay. Certain foods like sugar free gum, sugar free drinks,...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- How Can I Reduce the Pain of Sensitive Teeth?
If you can’t enjoy a cup of hot coffee or a glass of cold juice without getting that stinging pain in your teeth, those are symptoms of sensitive teeth. Moreover, eating, brushing and flossing may also lead to the sharp pain. Sensitivity to the cold and heat may be caused by a number of reasons...
- Dr. Hamid Massud Omana DDS MS10393 S 1300 W South Jordan UT 84095
- Dr. Richard D. Luddington DMD1480 South Orchard Dr Bountiful UT 84010
- Dr. Scott G Vincent D.M.D.,M.S.1030 E 11400 S Sandy UT 84094
- Dr. Barney T Olsen D.D.S., M.S.7410 Creek Rd Sandy UT 84093
- Dr. Alan Charles Jensen DDS MS1377 East 3900 South Salt Lake City UT 84124
- Dr. Gary Anthony Carter D.D.S., M.S.10011 Centennial Pkwy Sandy UT 84070