Dr. Daniel Silverman practices Neuropathology in Albany, NY. Dr. Silverman studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Vt Coll of Med, Burlington Vt 1981
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Albany Med Ctr Hosp, Neurology
Dr. Daniel Silverman MD's Practice location
Albany, NY 12208Get Direction
Dr. Daniel Silverman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Silverman
- Exercises to Alleviate Restless Legs Syndrome
According to statistics, each year, millions of people develop the neurological disorder called restless legs syndrome (RLS). The disorder is associated with aches, unusual sensations, and urge to move your legs during rest. This condition usually becomes worse at night.Treatment OptionsTreatment...
- New Multiple Sclerosis Treatment, Ocrevus, Slows Down Disease Progression
In 2017, the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) approved the drug – Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) – as a treatment for both relapsing and progressive forms of multiple sclerosis. ...
- Inspirational People with Multiple Sclerosis
Being handed a multiple sclerosis diagnosis is a life-changing event. While the diagnosis itself doesn’t actually change how the symptoms affect a patient, the new-found knowledge does. A diagnosis offers both an explanation for past events and symptoms that seemed mysterious before, but also a...
- 15-State Bicycle Journey Helps Raise Money and Awareness for Muscular Dystrophy
To raise awareness and funding for muscular dystrophy, a 4,200 mile bike ride was organized that started in Seattle, Washington and ended at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, with a total of 15 states being crossed by the end. The event consisted of roughly 12 cyclists, and was made...
- How Babinski Reflex Is Used to Diagnose MS
Multiple SclerosisIn multiple sclerosis, the body's immune system attacks the myelin (protective sheath), which covers the nerve fibers. When the myelin sheath is damaged, there would be communication problems from the brain and to the rest of the body. Depending on the severity of the disease,...
- It’s Time to Fight Parkinson’s Disease Through Exercise, Says South Carolina Gym
Going to the gym regularly can significantly help to combat Parkinson’s disease. According to Cody Cooper from Grit Box Fitness, Parkinson’s progression can be delayed due to the forced intense exercise. Not only that, but it also helps a lot with the enhancing strength and stability.What is...
- Dr. Earl A. Zimmerman M.D.35 Hackett Blvd Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Dzintra Freimane Celmins M.D.35 Hackett Blvd Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Timothy Michael Lynch MD47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Adolfo Ramirez-zamora M.D.43 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Neil S Lava M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Matthew Joseph Murnane M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208