Dr. Thomas Long practices Emergency Medicine in Grass Valley, CA. Dr. Long assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Long examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 2011
Thomas J. Long M.D.'s Practice location
Grass Valley, CA 95945Get Direction
Thomas J. Long M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- What Is Reye's Syndrome: Causes and Treatments
What is Reye’s syndrome?Reye's syndrome is a rare but serious condition that can cause swelling of the liver and brain. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is mostly reported to affect children and teenagers, especially those who are trying to recover from viral infections, such as...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- Dr. Dawn E Harris M.D.155 Glasson Way Grass Valley CA 95945
- Dr. Kenneth James Kroger MD11815 Education Street Auburn CA 95602
- Dr. John R. Bauer MD11815 Education Street Auburn CA 95602
- Dr. Brent D Mcdermott M.D.155 Glasson Way Grass Valley CA 95945
- Dr. Daniel E Carter MD11815 Education St Auburn CA 95602
- Dr. Vance J Van tassell M.D.155 Glasson Way Grass Valley CA 95945