Dr. David J Schmeling MD
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery2545 Chicago Ave #104 Minneapolis MN, 55404
Dr. David Schmeling practices Pediatric Surgery in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Schmeling treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Schmelingdiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1984
University of Minnesota Medical School 1984
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- The management of pediatric appendicitis: a survey of North American Pediatric
- Protocolized management of infants with congenital diaphragmatic hernia: effect on survival.
- Are Antibiotics a Feasible Therapeutic Option for Appendicitis?
- The biochemistry of opsonization: central role of the reactive thiolester of the third component of complement.
- Effect of staphylococcal alpha-toxin on phagocytosis of staphylococci by human polymorphonuclear leukocytes.
- Current surgical management of Crohn's disease in childhood.
Dr. David J Schmeling MD's Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55404Get Direction
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...
- Dr. Nathaniel S Kreykes M.D.5 W 33rd St Minneapolis MN 55408
- Mr. Richard G Karlen MD2080 WOODWINDS DRIVE WOODBURY MN 55125
- Dr. Brad A Feltis MD2545 Chicago Ave Minneapolis MN 55404
- Dr. Robert Dean Acton M.D.University Of Minnesota Physicians Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. David E Skarda MD640 Jackson Street Saint Paul MN 55101
- Dr. Robert Hampton Rich MD2545 Chicago Ave Minneapolis MN 55404