Dr. Wing Hong Tam MD
Family Practitioner195 Thomas Johnson Drive Frederick MD, 21702
Dr. Wing Tam is a family practitioner practicing in Frederick, MD. Dr. Tam specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Tam possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Hong Kong, Fac of Med, Hong Kong 1986
The University of Hong Kong, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine Medicine
Chinese University of Hong Kong Faculty of Medicine 1986
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Low-molecular-weight heparin and thromboembolism in pregnancy.
- Paracervical anaesthesia in outpatient hysteroscopy: a randomised double-blind placebo-controlled trial.
- Prediction of cervical response to prostaglandin E2 using fetal fibronectin.
- A randomised double-blind placebo-controlled trial of transcervical intrauterine local anaesthesia in outpatient hysteroscopy.
- The incidence of pregnancy-induced hypertension among patients with carbohydrate intolerance.
- Fetal scalp cysts: challenge in diagnosis and counseling.
- The predictive value of serum 1,5-anhydro-D-glucitol in pregnancies at increased risk of gestational diabetes mellitus and gestational impaired glucose tolerance.
- Ovarian stanniocalcin in trout is differentially glycosylated and preferentially expressed in early stage oocytes.
- Venous thromboembolism in pregnant Chinese women.
- Use of diclofenac as an analgesic in outpatient hysteroscopy: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
- Risk and prediction of preterm delivery in pregnancies complicated by antepartum hemorrhage of unknown origin before 34 weeks.
- Skull fracture and contralateral cerebral infarction after ventouse extraction.
- Prevalence of gestational diabetes mellitus in Hong Kong based on the 1998 WHO criteria.
- A randomised controlled trial of intramuscular syntometrine and intravenous oxytocin in the management of the third stage of labour.
- Gestational hyperlipidaemic pancreatitis.
- General Care
- High Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
Dr. Wing Hong Tam MD's Practice location
Dr. Wing Hong Tam MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tam
- What Is Leukopenia: Symptoms and Causes
What is leukopenia?Leukopenia is a condition in which abnormally low white blood cells are circulating in the blood. This condition can be diagnosed using a blood test called complete blood count (CBC). A normal white blood cell count is usually between 3,500-11,000 WBCs per microliter. People...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- 5 Tips on Living with Hypothyroidism
Hyperthyroidism is a health condition in which the body’s metabolism becomes slow, leading to the feeling of fatigue. This is caused by an abnormally low amount of thyroid hormone in the blood. This deficiency is caused by an impaired functioning of the thyroid gland. People may develop this...
- What Are Hormones?
IntroductionHormones are a special kind of chemical messengers in the body that are created by the endocrine glands. These chemical messengers control and coordinate complex processes in the body, such as growth, metabolism, fertility, and reproduction. Hormones can also influence the body's immune...
- When Is Allergy Season?
Allergy season would mainly depend on the underlying factor of what individuals are allergic to and where they live. If an individual is suffering from a seasonal allergy or hay fever, then tree pollens could trigger the allergic reaction in the season of spring or late winter. If you are allergic...
- What Is Back Pain: Get The Facts
Every now and then, you hear people complaining about constant back pain. According to statistics, about 80% of Americans will suffer from back pain at one point of their life.Back pain can be caused by many things, but it is most commonly triggered by incorrect sitting or standing positions, not...
- Dr. Azeb Tesfalidet M.D.110 Baughmans Ln Frederick MD 21702
- Dr. Rebecca A Herman-smith D.O.56 Thomas Johnson Dr Frederick MD 21702
- Dr. Praveen K Bolarum M.D.196 THOMAS JOHNSON DR STE 135 FREDERICK MD 21702
- Dr. Yvette M Lopez-warren M.D.194 Thomas Johnson Dr Frederick MD 21702
- Dr. Edward F Fisher M.D.56 Thomas Johnson Dr Frederick MD 21702
- Dr. Bonnie Fitleberg MD3430 Worthington Blvd Frederick MD 21704