Dr. James J James M.D.
Preventative Medicine Specialist | Public Health & General Preventive Medicine16422 Wanderers Port Lane Onancock VA, 23417
James James is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Onancock, VA. James specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, James participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Univ of Cincinnati Coll of Med, Cincinnati Oh 1967
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine 1967
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Special issue to present complexities inherent in a response to a devastating mass casualty incident.
- Developing a consensus framework for an effective and efficient disaster response health system: a national call to action.
- Re: Prediction modeling to determine the adequacy of medical response to urban nuclear attack.
- Postexposure immunization and prophylaxis of bloodborne pathogens following a traumatic explosive event: preliminary recommendations.
- A consensus-based educational framework and competency set for the discipline of disaster medicine and public health preparedness.
- Re: Allocation of ventilators in a public health disaster.
- A Living Journal.
- Applying yesterday's lessons to today's crisis: improving the utilization of recovery services following catastrophic flooding.
- Triage:implications for mass casualty response.
- Disaster triage systems for large-scale catastrophic events.
- United States was not prepared to respond effectively to a public health emergency.
- From the editor-in-chief.
- Building a fundamental framework for disaster education and training.
- Health care personnel response to protect the individual and public health under extreme conditions.
- From the editor-in-chief.
Dr. James J James M.D.'s Practice location
Onancock, VA 23417Get Direction
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- Occupational Therapy and Mental Health
Mental disabilities require a radically different approach from physical disabilities. For a fact, they are serious and can harm the individual’s social and mental development, but more importantly, most of them cannot be cured.Which mental health problems are addressed by occupational...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- What Conditions Warrant Occupational Therapy?
In general, therapy refers to an attempt of diagnosing a health problem upon identification. Various forms of therapy have been created to address different health problems. Occupational therapy (OT) is among the newer forms of therapies which is very closely related to physical therapy (PT), but is...
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- Tips for Living with Stroke
A stroke is a severe condition that is brought about by insufficient blood supply to the brain. This can be as a result of a blood clot or a broken blood vessel. According to physicians, stroke can cause different effects. However, if you stick to the treatment options designed by your doctor, a...