Dr. Karen Hanks is an internist practicing in Memphis, TN. Dr. Hanks specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Hanks provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Internship, Family Medicine: Kaiser Permanente Dept of Family Medicine, Kaiser Los Angeles Medical Center 2007-2008 Psychiatry Residency: USC + LA County Medical Center, 2009-2013 Chief Resident 2011-2012
- Internventional Psychiatriatry--Gen Pharmacotherapy and for some patients CBT as adjunct if time permits. The clinic will be bringing on additional treatment modalities including TMS as well esketamine and botox for depression once the latter has FDA approval. Dr. Sepah is in the process of completing her training through Allergan to become a botox migraine provider,
Forensic Psychiatry Research Fellowship, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons
Forensic Psychiatry, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons
- American Medical Assn. American Psychiatric Assn. Physicians for Patients Protection
Articles and Publications
- Please see my website at: www.toriesepahmd.com
- Inducted into the Arnold P Gold, Humanism in Medicine Honor Society for being an exemplars of humanistic patient care and who can serve as a role models in medicine. 2006-lifetime membershipPER Resident Research AwardResident Research Award: Keck, Dept of PsychiatrResident Mentor Award, Keck, Dept of PsychiatryGolden Key National Honor SocietyPi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society
- Founded an organization for physicians as a source of peer to peer support and contact with the goal of reducing isolation that can contribute to physicians' difficulty with maintaining their own wellness. The organization is completely volunteer based. I also volunteer with Physicians for Patient Protection, a grassroots physician group that is active in educating patients on changes in legislature that may affect their care without their knowledge. The promotion of greater transparency in medicine is paramount.
Teaching and speaking
- Continue to teach at USC Keck SOM, Dept of Psychiatry as Adjunct Asst Clinical Professor. Also give lectures to residents in the PIH Downey Family Medicine Residency. Provide talks and grand rounds at different institutions on the topic of physician burnout.
Hobbies / Sports
- Running and watching hockey
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) of Tennessee
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
Dr. Karen Delane Hanks M.D.'s Practice location
Memphis, TN 38163Get Direction
MARTIN, TN 38237Get Direction
Dr. Karen Delane Hanks M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hanks
- Can I Lose Weight Without Dieting?
Most of fad diets that are popular do help in reducing body weight, but they make you feel hungry. Often, people who are on crash diets regain the weight lost once they are back on the track of their normal diet. Experts are of the opinion that one can definitely lose weight by just modifying his or...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Meningitis?
Inflammation of the meninges, the delicate membrane covering brain and spinal cord, is called as meningitis. There are different types of meningitis based on the cause of the disease. Some of these forms have very mild symptoms and may resolve on its own, while some other forms are serious and life...
- What Are the Symptoms of Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis refers to a very common, progressive condition, characterized by weak and fragile bones. The bones are so weak that even a small strain may result in fracture. The bones lose its density gradually during the early years and this stage, which is the precursor of osteoporosis, is known as...
- Preventing Dehydration
Dehydration results when you lose water in your body. The rule of thumb is, if you’re thirsty, you’re already dehydrated. Keep well hydrated by drinking plenty of water, even before you begin your outdoor activity,” said Dr. Irvin Sulapas, a primary care sports medicine physician and assistant...
- Don't Be Ashamed of Your Gray Hair
Developing gray hair is inevitable in everyone's life time. "The color of the hair changes when the pigment-producing cells stops the production of the pigment," says Jeffrey Benabio, MD, a dermatologist at Kaiser Permanente in San Diego. The color may also be bleached by the build up of naturally...
- Polydipsia: What Causes Excessive Thirst?
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is a medical term given for extreme thirstiness. It is said to be one of the initial symptoms of diabetes. Polydipsia is also accompanied by either temporary or constant dryness in the mouth. It is very important to consume adequate amounts of water in a day, so that...
- Chandra W. Niwaz791 Walnut Knoll Ln Memphis Tennessee 38018
- Dr. Jennifer M Carman M.D.222 22nd Ave N Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Bruce W Steinhauer M.D.1910 Nonconnah Blvd Memphis TN 38132
- Dr. Edward Ikem Gbemudu M.D.6953 Oak Forest Dr Olive Branch MS 38654
- Dr. Veronica M Swannigan MD1200 Peabody Ave Memphis TN 38104
- Dr. John T Crews MD452 Perkins Extended Memphis TN 38117