Dr. Eugene E Protzko M.D.
Ophthalmologist2023 Pulaski Highway Havre De Grace MD, 21078
Specializing in complete family eye care. Dr. Protzko specializes in pediatric ophthalmology and eye muscle surgery for children and adults. Diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases including Diabe ... ...
Education and Training
Mechanical Engineering 1985
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Cataract Surgery With Lens Replacement
- Macular Degeneration
- Birth Defects
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
Dr. Eugene E Protzko M.D.'s Practice location
Havre De Grace, MD 21078Get Direction
Dr. Eugene E Protzko M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Protzko
- In Plain Sight: Vision Changes Linked to Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a chronic, progressive movement disorder that affects the nervous system. It is characterized by gradual death and breakdown of nerve cells in the brain resulting in the decreased production of a chemical messenger called dopamine. Reduced dopamine levels cause abnormal...
- Everything You Need to Know About Conjunctivitis
What is Conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (a transparent membrane that covers the white part of the eyeball and lines the eyelids). Conjunctivitis is also known as pink eye, due to the characteristic pink or reddish color of the whites of the eyes.What Causes...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- What Affects Night Vision?
Problems with night vision is a very common problem. Most of the night vision problems, like halos, blurred vision, and night blindness, may be treated. Some of these may also be a sign of congenital medical condition, like retinitis pigmentosa. A number of other conditions, like exposure to the sun...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- How to Prepare for Lasik Eye Surgery
Lasik (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis), commonly referred to as laser eye surgery or laser vision correction, is a revolutionary new technology that corrects distortion in vision using focused laser beams to remove corneal tissue. The reconstruction of the surface of the cornea enables it...
- Dr. Timothy Daniel Polk M.D.620 Boulton St Bel Air MD 21014
- Dr. Douglas Lavenburg MD103 Chesapeake Blvd Elkton MD 21921
- Dr. Charles J. Castoro M.D.620 Boulton St Bel Air MD 21014
- Dr. Brian C Lerner M.D.437 GIRARD ST HAVRE DE GRACE MD 21078
- Dr. Christina Rapp Prescott M.D., PH.D620 Boulton St Bel Air MD 21014
- Dr. Arturo Aglubat M.D.620 Boulton St Bel Air MD 21014