Dr. Shailesh Vora, MD
Neurologist | Neurology2508 Sam School Rd Southlake TX, 76092
Dr. Shailesh Vora practices neurology, psychiatry, geriatric psychiatry and sleep medicine in Dallas, TX. Dr. Vora evaluates patients with various problems of the brain, like strokes, headaches, seizures, memory loss, tremors, and more. He also sees emotionally distributed patients for depression, anxiety, PTSD, psychosis, etc. Dr, Vora diagnoses and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Seth G.S. Medical College MD 1982
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Medical Director Innovation Community Mental Health Center 2017 - Present
- Medical Director Delta Family Center 2007 - Present
- Medical Director The Right Step Rehab and Psychiatry Center 2019 - 2019
- Psychiatry Medical Director Claiborne Memorial Medical Center 2015 - 2018
- Neurologist, Psychiatrist and Sleep Disorder Specialist Neurology, Psychiatry and Sleep Center of DFW-Rockwall 2018 - 2019
- Neurologist, Psychiatrist and Sleep Disorder Specialist Neurology, Psychiatry and Sleep Disorder Center of South Arkansas 1990 - 2019
- Neurologist Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre 1989 - 1990
- Patient choice best psychiatri 11 Choice awards
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- DFW Neurology Fort Worth Texas
- University of Minnesota Neurology 1989
- Louisiana State University Medical Center Psychiatry 1987
- Mumbai, India Externship for Residency
- The University Of Minnesota in Minneapolis (Neurology and Sleep Medicine); LSU Medical College in Shreveport (Psychiatry)
- University of Minnesota Clinical Neurophysiology 1989
- University of Minnesota Sleep Medicine 1989
Dr. Shailesh Vora, MD's Practice location
Southlake, TX 76092Get Direction
Fort Worth, Texas 76132Get Direction
Dr. Shailesh Vora, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Vora
Get to know Neurologist Dr. Shailesh Vora, who serves patients in Fort Worth and Cleburne, Texas.
Dr. Vora is a board-certified neurologist who provides an exceptional level of care and attention to patients at DFW Neurology, PLLC. The practice is conveniently located at two locations in Fort Worth and Cleburne, Texas. Additionally, he has been the medical direction of DFC Hamburg- Arkansas since 2007.
DFW Neurology, PLLC’s mission is to provide personalized, high-quality care on an as-needed or preventative basis. The dedicated staff work together as a team to provide high-quality comprehensive care, all the while paying close attention to each patient’s needs.
Back in 1982, Dr. Vora earned his medical degree from Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College and K.E.M Hospital in Mumbai, India. After relocating to the United States, he completed a residency in psychiatry LSU Health Shreveport – School of Medicine, and a residency in neurology and sleep medicine at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis in 1989.
In his professional experience, he has served as a neurologist at Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre (1989 – 1990), a neurologist, psychiatrist, and sleep disorder specialist at Neurology & Sleep Disorder Center in El Dorado, Arkansas (1990 – 2019), a psychiatrist & Medical Director of Claiborne Memorial Medical Center (2015 – 2018), and as the Medical Director of The Right Step Rehab and Psychiatry Center (2019 – 2019), a psychiatrist and Medical Director of Delta Family Center (2007-present), he also currently provides outpatient services to patients in south Arkansas at Crossett Clinic at 615 W. 1st Ave in Crossett, AR. He has also previously practiced at OP clinic at Crossett – Arkansas.
With over three decades of experience in his field, the doctor is board-certified in psychiatry, neurology, geriatric psychiatry, and sleep medicine by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN). The ABPN is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to promoting high-quality patient care for the public through the initial and continuing certification of psychiatrists and neurologists.
Neurology is a branch of medicine dealing with disorders of the nervous system. Neurologists are licensed medical specialists who diagnose and treat disorders that affect the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and muscles of patients. They examine a patient’s mental and physical status, conduct medical tests and scans, and evaluate the results to diagnose and treat the patient.
Among his numerous accolades, Dr. Vora is the recipient of Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018, 2020), On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018, 2020), and Patients’ Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2018, 2020).
In his personal life, he currently lives with his family in South Lake, Texas. He enjoys jogging, working out, and participating in voluntary community service activities.
- Motherhood Triggers Brain Growth
New moms are often famous for acting scatter brained and being forgetful. But these are not the only changes in the brain that come along with motherhood, according to a study published in the journal, Behavioral Neuroscience. The study shows that motherhood triggers changes in those areas of the...
- The Link Between Playing Musical Instruments and Cystic Fibrosis
Vincent Forknor is an 8-year-old boy from Ramsey, Cambridge in the United Kingdom who has Cystic Fibrosis (CF). He has recently started playing the bagpipes, and his family has noticed an improvement in his CF symptoms since he began this new hobby. Vincent takes common CF medications and undergoes...
- Is it Crohn's Disease or Just an Upset Stomach?
Do I have Crohn’s disease? You may have asked yourself this question a couple of times after experiencing symptoms like diarrhea and abdominal pain. To fully comprehend almost all the medical details surrounding Crohn’s disease, and possibly determine if you have the ailment, you need to look at...
- Should Doctors Consider Brittle Diabetes Separate from Type 1 Diabetes?
Back in 2012, a Long Island resident, Rosemarie Sorge, was rushed to the emergency room with diabetic ketoacidosis. Diabetic ketoacidosis is a deadly condition that is characterized by an excess of ketones in the bloodstream, caused by a lack of insulin. These ketones are highly toxic and can create...
- What Doctor Should I Call if I Have Mononucleosis?
Signs and SymptomsOne should call a doctor when he or she is sick and notices the following signs and symptoms:...
- Acupuncture: An Alternative Treatment for Diabetes Patients
Similar to other diseases, there are a few alternative treatments for diabetes patients that can compliment their lifestyle, and to further reduce the penalty imposed to him or her by the disease. One of these treatments is the ancient Chinese craft of acupuncture. This technique, belonging the...
- Dr. Jiangping Liu MD1307 8th Ave Fort Worth TX 76104
- Dr. Dung (huy) Chi Nguyen M.D.1102 Orchard Dr Arlington TX 76012
- Dr. Deborah T Combs cantrell MD405 State Highway 121 Byp Lewisville TX 75067
- Dr. Thomas A. Leavens M.D.1307 8th Ave Fort Worth TX 76104
- Dr. Mohamed Summakia M.D.2516 LILLIAN MILLER PKWY DENTON TX 76210
- Dr. Martin David Solomon MD1600 W College St Grapevine TX 76051