Dr. Shailesh Vora, MD
Neurologist | Neurology6800 Harris pkwy 100 Fort Worth Texas, 76132
Dr. Shailesh Vora practices neurology, psychiatry, geriatric psychiatry and sleep medicine in Dallas, TX. Dr. Vora evaluates patients with various problems of the brain, like strokes, headaches, seizures, memory loss, tremors, and more. He also sees emotionally distributed patients for depression, anxiety, PTSD, psychosis, etc. Dr, Vora diagnoses and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Education and Training
Seth G.S. Medical College MD 1982
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Medical Director Innovation Community Mental Health Center 2017 - Present
- Medical Director Delta Family Center 2007 - Present
- Medical Director The Right Step Rehab and Psychiatry Center 2019 - 2019
- Psychiatry Medical Director Claiborne Memorial Medical Center 2015 - 2018
- Neurologist, Psychiatrist and Sleep Disorder Specialist Neurology, Psychiatry and Sleep Center of DFW-Rockwall 2018 - 2019
- Neurologist, Psychiatrist and Sleep Disorder Specialist Neurology, Psychiatry and Sleep Disorder Center of South Arkansas 1990 - 2019
- Neurologist Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre 1989 - 1990
- Patient choice best psychiatri 11 Choice awards
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- DFW Neurology Fort Worth Texas
- University of Minnesota Clinical Neurophysiology 1989
- University of Minnesota Sleep Medicine 1989
Dr. Shailesh Vora, MD's Practice location
Southlake, TX 76092Get Direction
Fort Worth, Texas 76132Get Direction
Dr. Shailesh Vora, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Vora
Get to know Neurologist Dr. Shailesh Vora, who serves patients in Fort Worth and Cleburne, Texas.
Dr. Vora is a board-certified neurologist who provides an exceptional level of care and attention to patients at DFW Neurology, PLLC. The practice is conveniently located at two locations in Fort Worth and Cleburne, Texas. Additionally, he has been the medical direction of DFC Hamburg- Arkansas since 2007.
DFW Neurology, PLLC’s mission is to provide personalized, high-quality care on an as-needed or preventative basis. The dedicated staff work together as a team to provide high-quality comprehensive care, all the while paying close attention to each patient’s needs.
Back in 1982, Dr. Vora earned his medical degree from Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College and K.E.M Hospital in Mumbai, India. After relocating to the United States, he completed a residency in psychiatry LSU Health Shreveport – School of Medicine, and a residency in neurology and sleep medicine at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis in 1989.
In his professional experience, he has served as a neurologist at Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre (1989 – 1990), a neurologist, psychiatrist, and sleep disorder specialist at Neurology & Sleep Disorder Center in El Dorado, Arkansas (1990 – 2019), a psychiatrist & Medical Director of Claiborne Memorial Medical Center (2015 – 2018), and as the Medical Director of The Right Step Rehab and Psychiatry Center (2019 – 2019), a psychiatrist and Medical Director of Delta Family Center (2007-present), he also currently provides outpatient services to patients in south Arkansas at Crossett Clinic at 615 W. 1st Ave in Crossett, AR. He has also previously practiced at OP clinic at Crossett – Arkansas.
With over three decades of experience in his field, the doctor is board-certified in psychiatry, neurology, geriatric psychiatry, and sleep medicine by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN). The ABPN is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to promoting high-quality patient care for the public through the initial and continuing certification of psychiatrists and neurologists.
Neurology is a branch of medicine dealing with disorders of the nervous system. Neurologists are licensed medical specialists who diagnose and treat disorders that affect the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and muscles of patients. They examine a patient’s mental and physical status, conduct medical tests and scans, and evaluate the results to diagnose and treat the patient.
Among his numerous accolades, Dr. Vora is the recipient of Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018, 2020), On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018, 2020), and Patients’ Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2018, 2020).
In his personal life, he currently lives with his family in South Lake, Texas. He enjoys jogging, working out, and participating in voluntary community service activities.
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- Is Hashimoto's Thyroiditis a Genetic Disorder?
Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system turns against the body's healthy cells. In people with Hashimoto’s disease, their immune system attacks the thyroid gland. The thyroid gland is a small gland located at the base of the neck just below the Adam's apple....
- Plantar Fasciitis Exercises and Remedies
The plantar fascia is a particular part of your foot that takes up most of the pressure of your weight, which is why it is often strained. Moreover, if you have been sitting down in a chair or the sofa for too long and get up suddenly, it can cause the plantar fascia to suddenly flare up. The...
- Stretching Before Running Does Not Prevent or Cause Injury
According to a new and interesting study stretching before running may not prevent or cause injury but switching the routine increases the risk of injury considerably. The results of the study presented at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons provided a surprise twist...
- Treatments for Lactose Intolerance
Although there is no definitive treatment for lactose intolerance, people who suffer from the condition control the signs and symptoms by changing their diets.There are some symptoms of lactose intolerance that are temporary and can improve within a short time like those caused by gastroenteritis....
- Couple Raises Twins with Cystic Fibrosis
There’s a lot for parents to process and prepare for when they have a baby on the way. To find out that twins are coming monumentally adds to the planning necessary for their arrival. For parents to know they’ll be caring for children with a debilitating genetic disease is even more pressure...
- Mr. Ade L Adedokun DO6116 Oakbend Trl Fort Worth TX 76132
- Dr. Bibi Tasleyma Sattar DO5801 Oakbend Trl Fort Worth TX 76132
- Dr. Lavanya Latha Nagineni M.D6800 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth TX 76132
- Dr. Thomas J Trese DO5801 OAKBEND TRL FORT WORTH TX 76132
- Nirav Shah M.D., M.P.H6800 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth TX 76132
- Dr. Fatoumata Marie Sakho M.D6800 HARRIS PKWY STE 100 FORT WORTH TX 76132