Dr. Kathryn Followell is a family practitioner practicing in Alton, IL. Dr. Followell specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Followell possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
St Louis Univ Sch of Med, St Louis Mo 1991
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Forest Park Hosp, Family Medicine
Dr. Kathryn Followell MD's Practice location
Alton, IL 62002Get Direction
MARYVILLE, IL 62062Get Direction
Dr. Kathryn Followell MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Followell
- Should I Take a Folic Acid Supplement?
Formerly known as folacin, folate is the generic term for both folate and folic acid. It is a B vitamin, which is important for the growth and metabolism of cells. Studies have shown that many people do not get enough folic acid from diet alone.Why do people take folic acid supplements?For pregnant...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- What Could Lightheadedness Mean?
What is Lightheadedness?Older adults commonly complain about feeling woozy, lightheaded, or a little faint.The reason may not be something dangerous, but still, if you feel lightheaded, it is better to be careful. Serious injuries due to a fall can result due to lightheadedness even though there...
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs for Crohn's
Pain management can be considered a treatment plan that the patient and doctor can design together. The effective way of controlling pain can be through taking the drugs for Crohn’s disease as per the doctor’s prescription. The treatment plan may involve various medicines to reduce the pain...
- The Health Benefits of Fermented Foods
What is Fermented Food?Fermented food involves the process of fermentation where food is exposed to bacteria, yeast, or a combination of these microbes. This food is then broken down to lactic acid, which allows the microbes to enter through the air in the environment. Lactic acid protects us and...
- What Is Back Pain: Get The Facts
Every now and then, you hear people complaining about constant back pain. According to statistics, about 80% of Americans will suffer from back pain at one point of their life.Back pain can be caused by many things, but it is most commonly triggered by incorrect sitting or standing positions, not...
- Dr. Mena M Luangjamekorn MD4 MEMORIAL DR ALTON IL 62002
- Dr. Lisa L. Armbruster M.D.4414 N FLORISSANT AVE SAINT LOUIS MO 63107
- Dr. Christopher T. Kuebrich MD230 Regional Dr Alton IL 62002
- Dr. Wendy Lynn Meyr-cherry M.D.400 First Capitol Dr Saint Charles MO 63301
- Dr. Christopher B Normile MD400 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles MO 63301
- Dr. Robert Pozzi D.O.1031 Bellevue Ave Saint Louis MO 63117