Dr. Allan Purdie is a family practitioner practicing in Rome, GA. Dr. Purdie specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Purdie possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Specific faecal antibody responses in sheep infected with Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis.
- Development of 316v antibody enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of paratuberculosis in sheep.
- Variation in susceptibility of different breeds of sheep to Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis following experimental inoculation.
- Case definition terminology for paratuberculosis (Johne's disease).
- Floyd Med Ctr, Family Medicine
- Floyd Med Center
Dr. Allan C Purdie M.D.'s Practice location
Rome, GA 30165Get Direction
Dr. Allan C Purdie M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Purdie
- When to See Your Doctor About Back Pain
One of the most common reasons why people visit their doctor is their back pain. According to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), 8 out of 10 people have some type of back pain. The pain originates in the spine and can manifest in multiple forms. The...
- All About Addison's Disease
What is Addison’s disease?One of the ways in which the body maintains proper balance is by using certain chemical messengers called as hormones. This done so to regulate various functions in the body. There is a small adrenal gland present above each kidney. These glands work to produce hormones,...
- Does the Pertussis Vaccine Have Any Contraindications and Side Effects?
Pertussis is an infection of the upper respiratory system. The disease is highly contagious and spreads through the coughing and sneezing of an infected individual. This highly contagious and airborne disease is caused by the bacteria called Bordetella pertussis. The symptoms of pertussis typically...
- What Is MRSA Infection?
What is MRSA Infection ?MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) infection is a bacterial infection caused by Staphylococcus aureus that has become resistant to many of the antibiotics commonly used for the treatment of a staphylococcus infection (and is consequently called "the...
- RSV Symptoms
What is RSV?RSV or respiratory syncytial virus is a common virus that usually affects the respiratory tract. It can cause colds in adults and older children, but may cause serious lung infections, such as pneumonia or bronchiolitis in babies and immunocompromised individuals. CausesRSV is only...
- General Practice, Family Practice, and Internal Medicine: What's the Difference?
Primary care providers, family physicians, generalists, and internists can be tricky designations to understand because these healthcare providers similarly cover a number of areas when diagnosing and treating people. However, knowing their differences can be helpful when it comes to finding the...
- Dr. Brenda D. Budlong M.D.304 Shorter Ave Nw Rome GA 30165
- Dr. Heather A. Pryor M.D.14 Cherokee Rd Cedartown GA 30125
- Dr. Paul Lance Walker DO1825 Martha Berry Blvd Nw Rome GA 30165
- Dr. Charles Edward Mcbride M.D.1225 E Weisgarber Rd Knoxville TN 37909
- Dr. Timothy J Snodgrass D.O.6160 Winkler Rd Fort Myers FL 33919
- Dr. Umpon Sangmalee M.D.826 C West Elm St Rockmart GA 30153