Dr. Dirk Marcel Dhossche M.D.
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA, 70605
Dr. Dirk Dhossche practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Lake Charles, LA. Dr. Dhossche evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Dhossche seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Rijksuniversiteit Gent 1988
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Assessment and importance of personality disorders in medical patients: an update.
- Aggression and recent substance abuse: absence of association in psychiatric emergency room patients.
- Suicidal behavior in psychiatric emergency room patients.
- Sex differences in cerebral metabolism among abstinent cocaine users.
- The association of suicide attempts and comorbid depression and substance abuse in psychiatric consultation patients.
- A review of postmortem alcohol detection as a diagnostic test for substance abuse disorders in suicides.
- A retrospective study of general hospital patients who commit suicide shortly after being discharged from the hospital.
- Psychoactive substances in suicides. Comparison of toxicologic findings in two samples.
- Psychiatric consultations in a southern university hospital.
- Toxicology of suicide: touchstone for suicide prevention?
- Autism as early expression of catatonia.
- Could ECT be effective in autism?
- A capillary liquid chromatographic/tandem mass spectrometric method for the quantification of gamma-aminobutyric acid in human plasma and cerebrospinal fluid.
- Is there a connection between autism, Prader-Willi syndrome, catatonia, and GABA?
- Are autistic and catatonic regression related? A few working hypotheses involving gaba, Purkinje cell survival, neurogenesis, and ECT.
Dr. Dirk Marcel Dhossche M.D.'s Practice location
Lake Charles, LA 70605Get Direction
SPOKANE, WA 99204Get Direction
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Dr. John W Pruett M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Sreelatha R. Pulakhandam M.D.2829 4th Avenue Lake Charles LA 70601
- Dr. Aura lee Avenido Motus M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Manjula Sathish M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Devi Vasu M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Moya Chin Kombrinck M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605