Michael Purtell, M.D., Ph.D., assistant professor of medicine, has been a member of the Department of Oncology at Johns Hopkins Bayview since 1982. Dr. Purtell is is board-certified in internal medici ...
Education and Training
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine 1974
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 1977
- Lung Cancer, Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Chronic Pain
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Johns Hopkins Bayview M C, Internal Medicine
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center 1977
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Program A
- University of Maryland Medical System / Medical Oncology 1982
- National Cancer Institute - NIH / Medical Oncology 1980
Dr. Michael J Purtell M.D.'s Practice location
Baltimore, MD 21224Get Direction
LAWTON, OK 73505Get Direction
Dr. Michael J Purtell M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can I Live Without a Bladder if I Have Bladder Cancer?
The bladder is the organ in the human body that stores urine temporarily to be released later through the urethra. It is, therefore, a very important part of the body. Unfortunately, in some cases of bladder cancer, the bladder has to be removed.The removal of the urinary bladder is done through a...
- Treatments for Lung Cancer
The nature of cancer, its stage, your overall health, and the condition of your lungs will largely determine the kind of treatment that safeguards your health. If you happen to be an active smoker, quitting the habit would be a precondition for quicker recovery from cancer. Lung cancer is one the...
- How to Cope with Menopause After Breast Cancer
Menopause is a part of any woman's aging process. It usually happens over the age of 50 but varies. Something that can make it occur much earlier is breast cancer treatments that bring the process on early and somewhat suddenly. This experience is referred to as medical, or surgical induced...
- Is Ovarian Cancer Genetic?
What is Ovarian Cancer?Ovarian cancer is a very dangerous disease that occurs when malignant cells are found in the ovaries. It effects mostly women from 60-63 years old, but can happen to a woman of any age. Ovaries are a pair of organs that produce fertile hormones and eggs in women. Because...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Colon Cancer?
What is staging?Staging explains the extent of your cancer, meaning how big the cancer is, and how much the cancer has spread. Knowing the stage of your cancer helps the doctor to understand how serious your cancer is, your chance of survival, and it helps the doctor to decide the best treatment...
- Reasons Why You Need Immunotherapy
What is immunotherapy?Immunotherapy is a type of cancer treatment that is categorized under biological therapy or treatment. It involves the use of living tissues or cells to improve your body’s defense system (the immune system) to help fight cancer.How does immunotherapy work?Immunotherapy is...
- Dr. Johann Brandes MD, PHD2306 Hampton Avenue Nashville Tennessee 37215
- Dr. Kit Lu M.D.68 Hoke Farm Way Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania 17050
- Dr. Julie Brahmer M.D.401 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21231
- Dr. Ashraf Zarif Badros M.D.22 S. Greene St Baltimore MD 21263
- Dr. Zeshaan Rasheed M.D., PHD.1650 Orleans St Baltimore MD 21231
- Dr. Evan Jacob Lipson MD1650 Orleans St Baltimore MD 21287