Mr. Dennis Matzkin, M.D.
Ophthalmologist7405 Shallowford Rd Suite 420 Chattanooga TN, 37421
Dennis Matzkin M.D. is a double board certified and fellowship trained ophthalmologist. Dr. Matzkin obtained his medical degree, completed training, and received his first residency in ophthalmology at the University of Witerwatersrand Medical School in South Africa. In 1989, Dr. Matzkin immigrated to the United States and underwent five years of advanced trained and acquired his second residency and fellowship in neuro-ophthalmology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York.
Dr. Matzkin practiced ophthalmology in the Greater Atlanta area from 1995 until moving to Chattanooga, TN and establishing Allied Eye in 2013. Dr. Matzkin has treated many eye doctors and their families, and has lectured and published academic books on various topics in the field of ophthalmology.
Dr. Matzkin is always leading the way in innovative new therapies using the latest technology and equipment. Dr. Matzkin's underlying philosophy is to provide stellar eye care and the best possible patient experience.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Med Fellowship & Second Residency 1989
Univ. of Witwatersrand Medical MD & First Residency 1980
American Board of Ophthalmology
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Mr. Dennis Matzkin, M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Multi-focal intraocular lenses (IOL) are often used to replace the natural human lens that has been damaged by cataracts. A multi-focal IOL is a lens surgically implanted into the eye to replace a natural lens. It is made of clear foldable acrylic and about one-third the diameter of a dime. As the...
If things start to look blurry, your first thought might be that you need glasses or contacts. If you already wear corrective lenses, you may wonder if it’s time for a stronger prescription. However, if you’re over the age of 40, there could be another reason for your blurry eyesight:...
If your vision isn’t what it used to be, there’s no reason to settle for living life out of focus. Thanks to technological advances, there are more solutions for common vision problems than ever before.Corrective lenses are still the most common method of vision correction. They’re affordable,...
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Medical Director Eyesight LASIK Center 1995 - 2013
- Medical Director & Principal Eye Surgeon Allied Eye 2013 - Present
- Tennessee Medical Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society
- American Medical Association
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- The Chattanooga Area Food Bank
- The Humane Educational Society
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Research Organization
- Chattanooga Regional Homeless Coalition
- Girls Incorporated Chattanooga
- Girl Scouts of America
- Chabad of Chattanooga
- Chattanooga Jewish Federation
- Mizpah of Chattanooga
- Neuro - Ophthalmolgy at Albert Eintsein College of Medicine in Bronx, New York
Articles and Publications
- Health Scope Article - Healthy Aging - "Is Screen Time Hurting My Eyes?"
Hobbies / Sports
Mr. Dennis Matzkin, M.D.'s Practice location
Chattanooga, TN 37421Get Direction
Mr. Dennis Matzkin, M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Matzkin
- Is Lasik Eye Surgery Dangerous?
Lasik or laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis employs a laser beam to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. These are refractive errors that result from distortions in the curvature of the cornea of the eye. Lasik selectively peels away layers of stromal cells that constitute the...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- Pink Eye vs. Allergies
IntroductionThe eye is one of the sensitive parts of the body, and it easily gets affected by any irritants such as microbes. Eyes turning red would be due to not getting enough sleep or not blinking enough in a day. In certain cases, it can also be a sign of some kind of infection or...
- Alternative Treatments For Cataracts
Approximately, a fifth of all people above the age of 60 have at least mild cataracts, and at the age of 75, that number increases significantly.A cataract presents itself as a reduction of clarity in the eye lens. A normal eye lens is comprised of clear water and variety of proteins. The lens...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a group of conditions that leads to the impairment of the optic nerve that carries information from the eyes to the brain. It is a progressive condition, which, if not treated, may lead to complete loss of vision. The most common cause of this damage is the increase in the pressure...
- Dr. Brett Dennis Gerwin M.D.979 E 3RD ST CHATTANOOGA TN 37403
- Dr. Caroline K. Elias M.D.3898 Hixson Pike Chattanooga TN 37415
- Dr. William M Goodman MD7268 JARNIGAN RD CHATTANOOGA TN 37421
- Joshua Hendrix2498 Lafayette Road Fort Oglethorpe GA 30742
- Dr. Daryl Lee Mcdaniel M.D.7268 JARNIGAN RD CHATTANOOGA TN 37421
- Dr. Thomas Peterson Lindquist MD7268 JARNIGAN RD CHATTANOOGA TN 37421