Mr. Dennis Matzkin, M.D.
Ophthalmologist7405 Shallowford Rd Suite 420 Chattanooga TN, 37421
Dennis Matzkin M.D. is a double board certified and fellowship trained ophthalmologist. Dr. Matzkin obtained his medical degree, completed training, and received his first residency in ophthalmology at the University of Witerwatersrand Medical School in South Africa. In 1989, Dr. Matzkin immigrated to the United States and underwent five years of advanced trained and acquired his second residency and fellowship in neuro-ophthalmology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York.
Dr. Matzkin practiced ophthalmology in the Greater Atlanta area from 1995 until moving to Chattanooga, TN and establishing Allied Eye in 2013. Dr. Matzkin has treated many eye doctors and their families, and has lectured and published academic books on various topics in the field of ophthalmology.
Dr. Matzkin is always leading the way in innovative new therapies using the latest technology and equipment. Dr. Matzkin's underlying philosophy is to provide stellar eye care and the best possible patient experience.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Med Fellowship & Second Residency 1989
Univ. of Witwatersrand Medical MD & First Residency 1980
American Board of Ophthalmology
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Mr. Dennis Matzkin, M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Multi-focal intraocular lenses (IOL) are often used to replace the natural human lens that has been damaged by cataracts. A multi-focal IOL is a lens surgically implanted into the eye to replace a natural lens. It is made of clear foldable acrylic and about one-third the diameter of a dime. As the...
If things start to look blurry, your first thought might be that you need glasses or contacts. If you already wear corrective lenses, you may wonder if it’s time for a stronger prescription. However, if you’re over the age of 40, there could be another reason for your blurry eyesight:...
If your vision isn’t what it used to be, there’s no reason to settle for living life out of focus. Thanks to technological advances, there are more solutions for common vision problems than ever before.Corrective lenses are still the most common method of vision correction. They’re affordable,...
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Medical Director Eyesight LASIK Center 1995 - 2013
- Medical Director & Principal Eye Surgeon Allied Eye 2013 - Present
- Tennessee Medical Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society
- American Medical Association
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- The Chattanooga Area Food Bank
- The Humane Educational Society
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Research Organization
- Chattanooga Regional Homeless Coalition
- Girls Incorporated Chattanooga
- Girl Scouts of America
- Chabad of Chattanooga
- Chattanooga Jewish Federation
- Mizpah of Chattanooga
- Neuro - Ophthalmolgy at Albert Eintsein College of Medicine in Bronx, New York
Articles and Publications
- Health Scope Article - Healthy Aging - "Is Screen Time Hurting My Eyes?"
Hobbies / Sports
Mr. Dennis Matzkin, M.D.'s Practice location
Chattanooga, TN 37421Get Direction
Mr. Dennis Matzkin, M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Matzkin
- Should I Opt for Cataracts Surgery?
Cataracts is a cloudy area in the lens of the eye that blocks the light entering the eye, thus affecting vision. Surgery is one of the most common options to treat cataracts and improve vision. It is performed by an ophthalmologist and in most cases, is an outpatient procedure. Cataracts is an eye...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Everything You Need to Know About Lasik Eye Surgery
Nearsightedness or myopia, farsightedness or hyperopia and astigmatism or blurred vision are collectively referred as refractive disorders which commonly affect the eyes. They occur as a consequence of disease, injury or progressive aging. The weakening of the eye lens and lengthening or shortening...
- What is Chalazion? Know about its Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
What is Chalazion?A chalazion is a benign and painless nodule which can occur in the upper or lower eyelid. It is common and is sometimes called a meibomian cyst or a tarsal cyst. The term chalazion (pronounced kah-la'-ze-on) originates from the Greek word which means a small lump. These nodules...
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- Eye Twitching: Causes and How to Stop It
What is eye twitching?While it may seem like a normal experience of the eye, eye twitching could become irritating and could be a cause for concern when it persists for a long period of time and with higher frequency. In medical terms, eye twitching is known as blepharospasm, which is defined as an...
- Dr. Caroline K. Elias M.D.3898 Hixson Pike Chattanooga TN 37415
- Dr. Brett Dennis Gerwin M.D.979 E 3RD ST CHATTANOOGA TN 37403
- Dr. William M Goodman MD7268 JARNIGAN RD CHATTANOOGA TN 37421
- Joshua Hendrix2498 Lafayette Road Fort Oglethorpe GA 30742
- Dr. Daryl Lee Mcdaniel M.D.7268 JARNIGAN RD CHATTANOOGA TN 37421
- Dr. Thomas Peterson Lindquist MD7268 JARNIGAN RD CHATTANOOGA TN 37421