Mr. Michael Jerry Powell D.O.
Rheumatologist | Rheumatology650 University Ave Suite 200 Sacramento CA, 95825
Dr. Michael Powell is a rheumatologist practicing in Sacramento, CA. Dr. Powell specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Powell treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific 1991
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Rheumatology
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- St Vincent Hosp Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- St Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center 1995
- Mercy St Vincent Medical Center Program
Mr. Michael Jerry Powell D.O.'s Practice location
Sacramento, CA 95825Get Direction
Mr. Michael Jerry Powell D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Powell
- Does Physical Therapy Help or Hurt RA?
Over 40 million Americans suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, or related forms of arthritis. That’s one in eight people in America alone who have arthritis, and this number has increased by about 40 percent within the last 10 years.Arthritis (or inflammation of the joints) may be one...
- Why Being Optimistic Is Essential For the Fight Against Lupus
When you have a chronic illness, it is so difficult to be positive. If you are in the middle of a lupus flare-up, it is normal to feel as if your life is at an end. However, allowing yourself to be negative all the time will cause lupus symptoms to be activated by the stress you create.Maintaining a...
- Can Melatonin Help Fibromyalgia Patients?
Melatonin is mostly used as a sleeping pill, but several studies show that melatonin can help in preventing fibromyalgia pain. People with fibromyalgia can suffer from pain in various parts of the body. Common pain occurs in the shoulders, arms, neck, hips, back, and legs. Aside from pain and...
- The Brady Approach to Fibromyalgia: Why Is Dr. Brady's Method So Limited?
Dr. David Brady is a naturopathic physician and nutritionist who became famous on social media because of his new and unique method for alternative health, especially for fibromyalgia. His perspective of the disease concentrates more on the psychological aspects, rather than the physical. Brady...
- How Expressing Creativity Can Help with Rheumatoid Arthritis
Living with rheumatoid arthritis can be emotionally taxing. Feelings of depression, hopelessness, and unworthiness can often come from constantly being in pain. It's discouraging when pain gets in the way of being able to work, function, and perform once-enjoyable activities. Losing independence can...
- Fibromyalgia Flare-Ups and How to Prevent Them
Fibromyalgia is a condition that is characterized by signs of unrestrained musculoskeletal pain that are often accompanied by fatigue, muscle pain, mood changes and memory problems. When fibromyalgia flares up, painful sensations get amplified because of the way your brain processes pain signals. As...
- Dr. Anupama Savithri Bhat MD151 N Sunrise Ave Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. Douglas Roberts M.D.500 University Ave Sacramento CA 95825
- Dr. Janahn C Scalapino MD1020 29th St Sacramento CA 95816
- Dr. Dennis Min Liu MD3000 Q Street Sacramento CA 95816
- Dr. Michael Thomas Barger M.D.3000 Q St Sacramento CA 95816
- Dr. Kenneth B Wiesner M.D.107 Scripps Dr Sacramento CA 95825