Dr. James M. Betts M.D.
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery744 52nd St #4100 Oakland CA, 94609
Dr. James Betts practices Pediatric Surgery in Oakland, CA. Dr. Betts treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Bettsdiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Vt Coll of Med, Burlington Vt 1973
University of Vermont College of Medicine 1973
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- 2012 San Francisco Super Doctors
- Genitourinary Disorders (urinary System & Male Reproductive Organs)
- Birth Defects
- Umbilical Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Mt Sinai Med Ctr, General Surgery; Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, Urology; Med Univ Sc Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Med College Of Virginia Hospital
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, Cleveland
- Medical University of South Carolina Affiliated Hospitals
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- University of South Carolina Affiliated Hospitals
- Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Affiliated Hospitals
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- University of South Carolina School of Medicine Program
Dr. James M. Betts M.D.'s Practice location
Oakland, CA 94609Get Direction
Dr. James M. Betts M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Betts
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...
- What Does a Pediatric Surgeon Do?
What is a pediatric surgeon?A pediatric surgeon is a pediatrician, who is specially trained to perform a variety of medical procedures on newborns, infants, and children. They are experts when it comes to the diagnosis and operative care of different health conditions in children. These specialists...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- Dr. Thomas T. Hui MD744 52nd St Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Shinjiro Hirose M.D.513 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Sunghoon Kim M.D.744 52nd St Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Eric Jelin M.D.Ucsf Department Of Surgery San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Kristen Anne Zeller MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Patte J Bishop M.D.6056 Ocean View Dr Oakland CA 94618